Fanimaids Only BBS

Where official maids of Fanimaid Cafe discuss and mingle.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Never mind, I calmed down and now I'm okay.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nessa
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Never mind, I calmed down and now I'm okay.   Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:04 pm

I just got my dress in the mail today, and tried it on. The sleeve cuffs wouldn't fit on my arms, so I thought: "Alright, I'll cut it and add some fabric under, it will be fine."
I cut it and tried to slip it on again, and it was still a bit too tight. So I cut more. Then I saw I couldn't lift my arms, so I kept cutting from the underarm down to the waist thinking I'd add a triangle of fabric.

Seems that the dress isn't only wrong there, the shoulder width is completely wrong.
What do I do?! the dress is all wrong. I measured myself and bought the one that was fitting to me, but it seems that I should have gotten one a size bigger.

I don't know what to do. I already cut it, thinking it was just a simple fix.
I could sew it up easy since I just cut the stitching to make it back to it's normal size, but I don't think I can wear it...

God, I don't know what to do. I need help. I don't have the money to buy a new one, and if I try to add fabric to all the places that are wrong, I think It'll just end up looking horrible.

I feel like crying right now...

Last edited by Nessa on Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jun
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Never mind, I calmed down and now I'm okay.   Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:54 pm

I'm unsure what to tell you, but don't lose hope. A lot of our maids are experienced seamstresses and I'm sure someone is available to offer you some help.

Perhaps you can redo the sleeves altogether, and perhaps there's a way to lengthen the shoulders.
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Never mind, I calmed down and now I'm okay.   Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:59 pm

No... it's alright, sorry, I fixed it now.
It's fine, I just bought a whole new dress.

I had to buy it in MALE size though, because after looking at the listing and wanting to give myself extra room in the bust, just in case, I found that I'd need 40", and their bust sizes only go to about... 37" xDDD

So yeah, I bought one listed and bought the male size. Then I'll have room to bring in the waist.
Bigger is always better than smaller.

Oh, if you need it, it's this dress:
http://www.cosmates.jp/shop/product_info/pid-7139.html
Back to top Go down
Jun
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Never mind, I calmed down and now I'm okay.   Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:55 pm

It's good that you found a solution. ^^ Though, I'm sorry you had to pay twice...
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Never mind, I calmed down and now I'm okay.   Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:22 pm

It's alright, It was my fault. I guess I measured wrong, and I shouldn't have started cutting it at all.
It was my fault, so now I know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Never mind, I calmed down and now I'm okay.   

Back to top Go down

Never mind, I calmed down and now I'm okay.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1