Fanimaids Only BBS

Where official maids of Fanimaid Cafe discuss and mingle.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Petticoats: It's so poofy, I'm gonna die!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shio
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Petticoats: It's so poofy, I'm gonna die!   Wed May 21, 2014 12:02 pm

I've been debating this since I got my uniform and petticoat a few weeks ago and figured I should get some second opinions. I did order a petticoat from victoriangirldress, but I had no idea it would be this poofy! The dress didn't exactly come with a petticoat, but it does come with an underskirt type thing that already adds a tiny bit of poof as well as a white ruffle trim along the bottom of the skirt.

Here's the dress without a petticoat:

And here it is again with ultra-poof petticoat of doom:

Should I still wear it with the petticoat? I do like how it makes the dress swish when I turn or dance, but it just seems so huge to me! Is there any way to reduce the fluffiness of a petticoat?
Back to top Go down
http://kemikalreaktion.com/
Bunnie
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Petticoats: It's so poofy, I'm gonna die!   Wed May 21, 2014 2:30 pm

Personally.... I really love how poofy it is lol! It makes it look more cute and doll like to me! (Just make sure to wear shorts under of course)
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/jjackieelynn
Ashiko
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Petticoats: It's so poofy, I'm gonna die!   Wed May 21, 2014 3:02 pm

If you want a petti coat, I have one that is less poofy. It might be a bit big, but the elastic makes it pretty small and we can always pin it smaller if you'd like?
Back to top Go down
Nao
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Petticoats: It's so poofy, I'm gonna die!   Wed May 21, 2014 9:33 pm

I'm also a sucker for super-fluffy petticoats, so I like the way it looks! XD
Back to top Go down
Chihiro
Head Maid
Head Maid

PostSubject: Re: Petticoats: It's so poofy, I'm gonna die!   Thu May 22, 2014 4:09 am

I'm a suckler for proportions and the 2.5 doll dimension is really important to me. I have the same uniform as you. My skirt comes with a tulle underskirt, and that alone looks alright, but I pair it with a midsized petticoat underneath for my ideal skirt shape (considering this skirt is A line). In my personal opinion, the victoriangirldress petti is too big x_x I feel like you're forcing the a-line skirt to be bell shape and it makes it too voluminous : x It makes the apron (which is originally proportioned to match the shape of the skirt) look smaller. I get bothered when the apron is too small or too big for the skirt lol..
p.s. you're so fricken cute i'm gonna die -_-"
Back to top Go down
Shio
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Petticoats: It's so poofy, I'm gonna die!   Thu May 22, 2014 11:32 am

Chihiro wrote:
I'm a suckler for proportions and the 2.5 doll dimension is really important to me. I have the same uniform as you. My skirt comes with a tulle underskirt, and that alone looks alright, but I pair it with a midsized petticoat underneath for my ideal skirt shape (considering this skirt is A line). In my personal opinion, the victoriangirldress petti is too big x_x I feel like you're forcing the a-line skirt to be bell shape and it makes it too voluminous : x It makes the apron (which is originally proportioned to match the shape of the skirt) look smaller. I get bothered when the apron is too small or too big for the skirt lol..
p.s. you're so fricken cute i'm gonna die -_-"

Yes! I was struggling to place my finger on exactly why it looked awkward, but you put into words exactly what is is about this petticoat with this dress. I don't know... Ashiko, do you mind bringing your petticoat to the meeting tomorrow so I could try it out?
Back to top Go down
Chihiro
Head Maid
Head Maid

PostSubject: Re: Petticoats: It's so poofy, I'm gonna die!   Thu May 22, 2014 2:37 pm

One day I'll get a uniform with a bell shape though *Q* the victoriansuperpuff is perfect for those types of skirts. Good luck c:
Back to top Go down
Ashiko
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Petticoats: It's so poofy, I'm gonna die!   Thu May 22, 2014 3:38 pm

It's all packed, so just come find me during the meeting.
Back to top Go down
Nao
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Petticoats: It's so poofy, I'm gonna die!   Thu May 22, 2014 5:40 pm

I'm curious, what's a 2.5 doll dimension?
Back to top Go down
Ayumi
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Petticoats: It's so poofy, I'm gonna die!   Thu May 22, 2014 10:50 pm

Since y'all are talking about petticoats, I may as well mention that one of the veteran maids has forgotten her petticoat in socal, so if you have an extra one available to use that you are willing to lend to a maid in need, please bring it to the meeting tomorrow night.

Looking forward to meeting you all~  I love you 
Back to top Go down
midori
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Petticoats: It's so poofy, I'm gonna die!   Fri May 23, 2014 12:57 am

Hi! My petticoat turned out to be too long for my maid dress and I was able to pull together a substitute petticoat from some friends, but it's a little bit lackluster. Since I made my dress a circle skirt it may not be as overpowered by that fluffball of a petticoat you got. If you're going to wear a different one, would it be alright with you if I tried it on and maybe borrowed it for the con? (If you didn't want it at all I'd totally buy it from you btw, but I'm guessing even if you don't wear it with the maid dress you might want it for other things.)
If it's alright with my friends who I am borrowing my petticoat from, you'd be welcome to borrow the petticoats I'm layering for whatever reason. I also have a black one you could potentially borrow, although I'm already lending that to a friend so we'd have to organize that with her. The black one can be found in my progress shot here: http://fanimaid.forumotions.net/t507-progress-thread-3 it would probably be a good shape for an a-line skirt if it's not too long.
Back to top Go down
Shio
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Petticoats: It's so poofy, I'm gonna die!   Fri May 23, 2014 1:17 am

Thanks! I already told WingsofLark that she can use my petticoat if I end up not using it, but if she finds another one or doesn't want it, you're next on the list!

Last edited by Shio on Fri May 23, 2014 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
midori
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Petticoats: It's so poofy, I'm gonna die!   Fri May 23, 2014 1:29 am

Thanks so much!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Petticoats: It's so poofy, I'm gonna die!   

Back to top Go down

Petticoats: It's so poofy, I'm gonna die!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1