Fanimaids Only BBS

Where official maids of Fanimaid Cafe discuss and mingle.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Who needs help with makeup?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
arisariddle
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Who needs help with makeup?   Mon May 19, 2014 7:23 pm

Hey ladies!

Do you have very little experience with applying makeup? I might be able to help you in that category. In college I took a theatrical makeup course. I can do a range of Gyaru, Ulzzang, contour and highlighting, or just basic light makeup. Each face takes about 20 minutes or less depending what style you want (To stick with the theme of maid cafe, light makeup is best). Putting eyeliner on other people is a challenge though, so please be patient with me if I don't get it quite right. Hygiene is my number 1 priority. I do clean my brushes beforehand with a professional brand of brush cleaner. For anyone who is health-conscious or has sensitive skin, the majority of my makeup is all-natural and cruelty-free.  If you're available on Saturday or Sunday morning before your shift, I can help you out while giving you some tips.

My only suggestions:

Bring your own mascara, so I don't spread any eye infections. That's the one thing I can't clean.
Please bring foundation. I have only five different shades of mineral powder foundation from light to deep tan. All of them yellow-based. If I end up not having your color, bring a foundation (and a concealer if possible) that matches your skin tone.

Extra stuff to bring: Sponges, false eyelashes, pencil eyeliner, any of your own makeup etc..

Last edited by arisariddle on Tue May 20, 2014 6:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ayumi
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Who needs help with makeup?   Tue May 20, 2014 3:57 pm

That's great! The only thing I would say is to try not to go overboard, and I would highly discourage theater/stage makeup. The point of stage makeup is to make your features visible from far away (and in stage lighting), and you will be up close and personal with the patrons. Above all else, we want your natural beauty to show, so anything you can do to highlight your existing features is what I'd encourage.

Looking forward to meeting you on Friday!  I love you 
Back to top Go down
arisariddle
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Who needs help with makeup?   Tue May 20, 2014 5:32 pm

Ayumi wrote:
That's great! The only thing I would say is to try not to go overboard, and I would highly discourage theater/stage makeup. The point of stage makeup is to make your features visible from far away (and in stage lighting), and you will be up close and personal with the patrons. Above all else, we want your natural beauty to show, so anything you can do to highlight your existing features is what I'd encourage.

Looking forward to meeting you on Friday!  I love you 

Thanks for the advice!

Fortunately I won't be using stage makeup (caked faces are yucky), just regular makeup most of it is all-natural and mineral-based. Plus, theater makeup takes WAY too long to get ready. It would take an hour or more to go through each maid's face x__x. Though if any maids want to play it up just a tiny bit, we'll see what we can do.
Back to top Go down
lilypie
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Who needs help with makeup?   Wed May 21, 2014 10:38 pm

I may certainly need this!! Completely make-up inexperienced (I don't wear them period because of sensitive skin) and could really use some help!

Will be bringing those materials with me and hunting you down on Saturday morning (my shift isn't till noon...) ;D
Back to top Go down
arisariddle
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Who needs help with makeup?   Wed May 21, 2014 11:27 pm

Awesome, you'll probably find me hanging around in the Fairmont in the morning, since my shift doesn't start until 2. If the head maid staff will let me, I can set up a makeshift boutique somewhere in the corner.
Back to top Go down
Amarin
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Who needs help with makeup?   Thu May 22, 2014 10:34 am

How cute! So nice :') If you want to do it before afternoon shift people, there is a break room in the cafe, so you can probably do it there ^ O^
Back to top Go down
http://cosmicreverie.tumblr.com
arisariddle
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Who needs help with makeup?   Sat May 24, 2014 1:54 am

Hey ladies just to inform you, if you want me to do your makeup contact me through this email suzakugoddess07@yahoo.com. You can meet me on the first floor of the convention in the lounging area. Remember to bring your own mascara and foundation. I'll be available 9-11am
Back to top Go down
arisariddle
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Who needs help with makeup?   Sat May 24, 2014 11:05 am

I'll b in the lounging area aka the hub onthe first floor of the con for another hour. It'll b the same time on sunday!
Back to top Go down
arisariddle
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Who needs help with makeup?   Sat May 24, 2014 11:14 am

P.S look for the girl with piles of makeup on the table!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who needs help with makeup?   

Back to top Go down

Who needs help with makeup?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1