Fanimaids Only BBS

Where official maids of Fanimaid Cafe discuss and mingle.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Maid Makeup Help On Thursday?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
midori
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Maid Makeup Help On Thursday?   Thu May 15, 2014 7:36 pm

Helloooo. I was wondering if anyone would be available on Thursday (probably at night) to help each other out with makeup techniques and stuff for the maid cafe? I am pretty limited in my makeup knowledge and have never done full out gyaru makeup or anything like that before. ;_;
If any of you would be willing to meet on Thursday and talk about makeup techniques and give concrit on my face that would be really really great for me! (That way when I get to the cafe I'm not constantly worried that I put on too much and look like a clown!)
Also if any other maids also want makeup help, you'd be welcome to hang out with me as well.
In exchange I'll bring snacks, probably rice balls and some kind of sweet thing like cookies. :3
Back to top Go down
TiffanyF
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Maid Makeup Help On Thursday?   Thu May 15, 2014 8:06 pm

And if this doesn't end up happening, maybe you can ask someone that knows makeup stuff to help you out before your shift on Saturday~

My first year of Fanimaid Cafe, I didn't know any makeup techniques so I asked someone to do my makeup for me! <3

If I was good at Makeup, I would say I would do it for you but I'm not... but there are a lot of really talented girls.
Back to top Go down
http://com.nicovideo.jp/community/co370509
Amarin
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Maid Makeup Help On Thursday?   Thu May 15, 2014 8:12 pm

I'm only okay with makeup (on my face..idk about others cause i've never tried before LOL). But I think my advice for now is, if you plan to wear fake eyelashes during Fanime, definitely practice now. @__@ When I first wore fake lashes, I was so bad at it LOL. Idk if it's just me since I have really shaky and crappy hands. =___= But it took me over an hour the first few times I did it lol. So having some practice putting the lash onto your own eyeshape will definitely help with the rest of your makeup come Fanime! (Since the band is standard curved, so it might be weird when you first put it on.)
Back to top Go down
http://cosmicreverie.tumblr.com
Chihiro
Head Maid
Head Maid

PostSubject: Re: Maid Makeup Help On Thursday?   Thu May 15, 2014 11:17 pm

If you end up having somebody else do you makeup, make sure you bring your own mascara and foundation. Bring as much of your own supplies as you can, and hopefully the other person will have some makeup as well. But I value health above all else, so make sure you do not share mascara!! I agree with practicing with falsies beforehand as well, they take some getting used to
Back to top Go down
Bunnie
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Maid Makeup Help On Thursday?   Thu May 15, 2014 11:42 pm

I'm definitely not an expert on makeup at all especially when it comes to foundation and contouring BUT I do love some eye makeup! (I'm not very good with eye shadow because I hate it lol but EYELINER is my favorite! ^__^)
I agree with the fake eyelash thing... you should practice now because it's hard to put it on other people!
I probably won't be able to meet just because I live super far away but I can try to post some pictures and tips on how I do my make up? It's just pretty simple look since I generally hate wearing makeup nowadays x___x

Here is the look I did last year

Sorry for terrible quality lol we all know front cameras are terrible.

Last edited by Bunnie on Fri May 16, 2014 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/jjackieelynn
arisariddle
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Maid Makeup Help On Thursday?   Fri May 16, 2014 12:05 am

*perks up*

Did someone say they needed help on makeup?

I might be able to help you in that category. In college I took a theatrical makeup course. I can do a range of Gyaru, Ulzzang, contour and highlighting, glam, or just basic makeup. Putting eyeliner on other people is a challenge though, so please be patient with me if I don't get it quite right. I do clean my brushes beforehand with a special brand of brush cleaner. Hygiene is my number 1 priority, in case I have to paint more than one face. If you're available on Saturday morning before your shift, I can do it for you.

My only suggestions:

Bring your own mascara, since I don't want to spread eye infections. That's the one thing I can't clean.
Please bring foundation. I have five different shades of mineral powder from light to deep tan. All of them yellow-based. If I end up not having your color, bring a foundation that matches your skin tone.
Back to top Go down
midori
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Maid Makeup Help On Thursday?   Fri May 16, 2014 12:35 am

Thank you for all your advice! :3

@Amarin I've put on falsies a few times before. I'm not sure if I did a good job?
Here's the best picture I can find of it:

@Chihiro Yes! I should have mentioned in the post that I will bring my own makeup products, and that others should do the same as well.

@Bunnie Too bad you can't make it earlier. That look is really really cute! <3

@arisariddle I would love your help! I'll definitely bring snacks in exchange, haha.
Back to top Go down
Shio
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Maid Makeup Help On Thursday?   Mon May 19, 2014 11:29 am

I'd love some tips or help with makeup as well! Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it to Fanime until Friday afternoon...

I'd like to think that I've become passably decent with makeup. My biggest problems are my eyes (I have monolids where the skin folds under itself right at the lash line lolwut) and contouring. Does eye shadow make a big difference in appearance? I usually just do black and white eyeliner plus falsies for my eyes, since every attempt I've tried at shadow ends up looking weird.
Back to top Go down
http://kemikalreaktion.com/
Bunnie
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Maid Makeup Help On Thursday?   Mon May 19, 2014 12:45 pm

Shio wrote:
I'd love some tips or help with makeup as well! Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it to Fanime until Friday afternoon...

I'd like to think that I've become passably decent with makeup. My biggest problems are my eyes (I have monolids where the skin folds under itself right at the lash line lolwut) and contouring. Does eye shadow make a big difference in appearance? I usually just do black and white eyeliner plus falsies for my eyes, since every attempt I've tried at shadow ends up looking weird.

Shadow is harder to do on monolids because it's a very small surface and since it goes under it's hard to see unless you put a TON! However, if it's done right it can actually look pretty good! But honestly you don't really need it! My eyelids are really weird and are sorta half and half so I have to put my eyeliner on super thick just to see it but I still have a fold? What I like to do if I don't use shadow is stack my eyelashes! That gives such a dramatic look lol it might feel weird having two eyelashes on since it will be a little heavier but if you pair the right ones together it's perfect ^___^
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/jjackieelynn
Shio
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Maid Makeup Help On Thursday?   Mon May 19, 2014 1:10 pm

Bunnie wrote:
Shadow is harder to do on monolids because it's a very small surface and since it goes under it's hard to see unless you put a TON! However, if it's done right it can actually look pretty good! But honestly you don't really need it! My eyelids are really weird and are sorta half and half so I have to put my eyeliner on super thick just to see it but I still have a fold? What I like to do if I don't use shadow is stack my eyelashes! That gives such a dramatic look lol it might feel weird having two eyelashes on since it will be a little heavier but if you pair the right ones together it's perfect ^___^

Lol, yup, that's why I usually default to false lashes if I'm not too lazy to put them on. I've only stacked lashes once with a purple pair on a black pair and it looked super pretty! I only have two pairs that are the same shape right now, but if I have time to buy new ones, I might go this route again. c:
Back to top Go down
http://kemikalreaktion.com/
arisariddle
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Maid Makeup Help On Thursday?   Mon May 19, 2014 7:27 pm

I have monolid eyes too. Usually what I do is use brown based eye-makeup, so that it can help "soften" the look of the eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maid Makeup Help On Thursday?   

Back to top Go down

Maid Makeup Help On Thursday?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1