Fanimaids Only BBS

Where official maids of Fanimaid Cafe discuss and mingle.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Securing wigs, headbands, etc. etc

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bunnie
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Securing wigs, headbands, etc. etc   Tue May 13, 2014 2:27 pm

Okay so earlier this week I tried on my my two headbands (bunny ears and my head piece thing) --- I have to wear two headbands because I made the head piece before I got the ears and I can't really attach them... BUT ANYWAYS
So I decided to try to do the dance I am performing and the rabbit ears don't stay on! I figured I could take those off before the dance but does anyone have any suggestions with how to make it stay? (besides bobby pins of course because that's always a simple solution but I also don't want to have a million bobby pins in my hair) ALSO I decided to wear a wig because I know I'm going to be too lazy to do my hair X___X so is anyone actually really good at making sure their wig stays on? I don't have too much experience with wigs... I've only worn one a couple times. I'm worried that I'll be dancing on stage and all my hair and stuff falls off LOL that would be quite embarrassing X___X
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/jjackieelynn
midori
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Securing wigs, headbands, etc. etc   Tue May 13, 2014 4:49 pm

I don't know what to tell you about the rabbit ears. But as far as the wig goes, I wouldn't worry too much. As long as you have a wig cap on and the wig fits you well (if it's a nice wig it'll have elastic that you can adjust so it fits your head perfectly) it shouldn't be an issue.
I wore a really heavy pigtail wig with an arm attached to the top and it and it stayed on all through "Happy Synthesizer" a few years ago. Smile (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGfejoLT4aI for reference) I didn't use anything to keep the wig on my head.
As long as your dance doesn't involve thrashing your head around it should be fine.
Back to top Go down
Amarin
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Securing wigs, headbands, etc. etc   Wed May 14, 2014 3:48 pm

scuryghost wrote:
I don't know what to tell you about the rabbit ears. But as far as the wig goes, I wouldn't worry too much. As long as you have a wig cap on and the wig fits you well (if it's a nice wig it'll have elastic that you can adjust so it fits your head perfectly) it shouldn't be an issue.
I wore a really heavy pigtail wig with an arm attached to the top and it and it stayed on all through "Happy Synthesizer" a few years ago. Smile(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGfejoLT4aI for reference) I didn't use anything to keep the wig on my head.
As long as your dance doesn't involve thrashing your head around it should be fine.
OMFG that's so cool! i wish i saw your flash mob ; w;
Back to top Go down
http://cosmicreverie.tumblr.com
Shio
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Securing wigs, headbands, etc. etc   Fri May 16, 2014 10:49 am

Could any other maids chime in with tips on securing headbands? I've tried doing my dances with just the plain maid headband that my uniform came with and even that starts coming loose. :/
Back to top Go down
http://kemikalreaktion.com/
Penko
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Securing wigs, headbands, etc. etc   Sun May 18, 2014 11:50 pm

I thiiink my suggestion would be to hot glue some ribbons onto the ends of your headband so you can tie them around your skull as well. Even better if you've got pig tails or something, cause you can thread the ribbons through so no one will see them, and the pig tails will help hold them in place.

I had persocom ears last year, and they're not tall so it's sort of a different beast, but they were REALLY heavy and slipped around a lot. BUT I was able to secure them really well by sort of wrapping some of my hair around the headband part before tying it into a pigtail. Does that make any sense?? Sorry lol

It might not help much if you ears are super tall or heavy, though X:

Back to top Go down
Bunnie
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Securing wigs, headbands, etc. etc   Mon May 19, 2014 10:38 am

Penko wrote:
I thiiink my suggestion would be to hot glue some ribbons onto the ends of your headband so you can tie them around your skull as well. Even better if you've got pig tails or something, cause you can thread the ribbons through so no one will see them, and the pig tails will help hold them in place.

You know, I was actually thinking the same thing yesterday! (Great minds think alike! Lol) I don't have pigtails on my wig but I was thinking if just tying it under? Something somethings.... I shall experiment Wednesday and I'll post an update in case anyone else needs help too xD
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/jjackieelynn
AiKii
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Securing wigs, headbands, etc. etc   Mon May 19, 2014 9:12 pm

I had the same problem with my bunny ears: whenever I tried to bow, my headband would fall. I saw a technique to secure headbands on tumblr which basically required you to attach velcro (the prickly part, not the soft part) to the bottom of my headband. It worked! I don't know if it's strong enough to keep it on your head for dances, but it's strong enough to keep it on my head when I bow. Perhaps you can try that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Securing wigs, headbands, etc. etc   

Back to top Go down

Securing wigs, headbands, etc. etc
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1