Fanimaids Only BBS

Where official maids of Fanimaid Cafe discuss and mingle.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

progress thread! :3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
midori
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: progress thread! :3   Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:55 pm

Hello! I know I'm not the only one sewing my maid outfit, and I'm sure lots more of us are working on coordinating our maid dresses with accessories and such. I know that I'm getting really excited seeing my outfit pull together, so I figured it would be fun to start a thread dedicated to posting our maid dress progress and sharing our enthusiasm!
(If this is a strictly business section, I'm sorry, and hopefully a moderator can move this thread to wherever it belongs. <3)
Back to top Go down
midori
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: progress thread! :3   Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:57 pm

As for me I just finished sewing on the second ruffle onto my maid dress. All that's left for the dress itself now is to sew down the lining and hem it, along with some small things like finishing sewing down the zipper, cleaning up the inside seams, etc. I was originally going to go with a plain black hem, but now that I see that I made the skirt just a tad bit too short for my petti, I'm thinking of going with a ruffled white trim along the bottom. It's going to make the dress a bit too long for the false kitty thigh highs I was going to wear with it, probably, but that's life.

Once I'm done with this, it's on to the apron and the accessories. Should be fun. <3
Back to top Go down
Amarin
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: progress thread! :3   Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:01 pm

omG you're so talented!! it looks hella cute so far! i love the chiffon(?) trim at the bottom! definitely adds to the overall cuteness aghhh
i can't wait to see more! it's gonna look awesome ; w;
Back to top Go down
http://cosmicreverie.tumblr.com
midori
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: progress thread! :3   Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:08 pm

Amarin wrote:
omG you're so talented!! it looks hella cute so far! i love the chiffon(?) trim at the bottom! definitely adds to the overall cuteness aghhh
i can't wait to see more! it's gonna look awesome ; w;
Thanks!!  Embarassed 
The chiffon looking stuff at the bottom is actually just my petticoat peeking out from under the dress (I made the skirt part before I had my petticoat with me...) I'm planning on covering it up with white ruffle trim. Definitely doesn't look as cute and intentional in person lol.
I haven't sewn very many dresses before so I'm super excited to see it coming together so cleanly! It's definitely the most fitted dress I've ever sewn.
Back to top Go down
Amarin
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: progress thread! :3   Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:14 pm

awww ; A; well it does look cute in the pic ^__^ i hope finishing up goes smoothly! ; www;b
Back to top Go down
http://cosmicreverie.tumblr.com
Bunnie
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: progress thread! :3   Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:48 pm

WOW! This looks so great I can't wait to see it when you're all finished!! And even though it was an accident.. I really like how you can see the petticoat under your skirt lol XD
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/jjackieelynn
Shio
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: progress thread! :3   Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:48 am

It looks great so far! Is there any way you could roll or pull the band of the petticoat up higher so that it looks shorter? I don't know what kind of trim you're planning on doing (it may look even cuter with it!), but you could try doing that first.
Back to top Go down
http://kemikalreaktion.com/
TiffanyF
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: progress thread! :3   Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:01 pm

waaaoohhhhhh SO CUTE

Personally, I like it when the petticoat is peeking a little from the skirt... (and thats the whole purpose of me making my skirts shorter + making my pettis colorful <3)

This is a great example of it being super cute <3

Once I get my maid outfit going... I will post progress... hopefully haha
Back to top Go down
http://com.nicovideo.jp/community/co370509
midori
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: progress thread! :3   Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:35 pm

@Bunnie Thanks a bunch. <3

@Kemi I can, but the petticoat is pretty heavy so even if I safety pin it in place to my shirt, it still falls down awkwardly in some places... I suppose I could use a billion safety pins? lol I'll probably just get different tights and add a plain white ruffle at the bottom instead, though.

@TiffanyF those are really cute maid dresses! I also like the "peeking out a little bit" look~! But I don't have the right petti for it. Mine's too plain/sticks out a bit too much, imo. If I got a cuter petticoat I'd be all over it. >:3 I'm looking forward to seeing your progress! Maybe this thread can help to motivate you to start.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: progress thread! :3   

Back to top Go down

progress thread! :3
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1