Fanimaids Only BBS

Where official maids of Fanimaid Cafe discuss and mingle.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Uniform crisis

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jessica
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Uniform crisis   Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:56 pm

So I got my uniform in the mail today and D: it turns out the picture was slightly misleading in regards to the material, because the dress is a kinda cheap-feeling (it looks like sturdier fabric though, and it's not see-through at all) and the apron (as well as part of the dress ;~Wink is satiny.

I can post a picture if need be but halp I don't know what to do. Should I buy/make a new apron (because I can't afford to buy a new dress)? Should I just leave it? ;A;
Back to top Go down
Ayumi
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Uniform crisis   Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:14 pm

WingsofLark wrote:
So I got my uniform in the mail today and D: it turns out the picture was slightly misleading in regards to the material, because the dress is a kinda cheap-feeling (it looks like sturdier fabric though, and it's not see-through at all) and the apron (as well as part of the dress ;~Wink is satiny.

I can post a picture if need be but halp I don't know what to do. Should I buy/make a new apron (because I can't afford to buy a new dress)? Should I just leave it? ;A;

Go ahead and post a picture of it, as well as a picture of the stock image. Also, just for reference, where did you get it? Worst case scenario, this can be a learning experience for all of us. But don't count yourself out just yet-- it might be okay. Smile
Back to top Go down
arisariddle
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Uniform crisis   Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:16 pm

WingsofLark wrote:

Posting a picture would be helpful. Sometimes in real life the satin isn't always so shiny looking.

If the dress itself already looks all right, a different apron should be all you need.
Back to top Go down
Jessica
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Uniform crisis   Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:54 am

If the image isn't clear enough, I can try to take another one. (also please ignore my jelly rolls :'D kthxbai)
Back to top Go down
Ayumi
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Uniform crisis   Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:10 am

Well see now, your first concern should be that the apron is sideways. Now that just won't do.

My fail joking aside, it's kind of hard to tell in the picture, but it doesn't look too bad to me. Also, you mentioned that the rest of the dress feels like it's made of cheap material. Depending on where you got it, it's not uncommon; many tailors (particularly China-based ones) tend to copy popular templates and/or make their own and don't use quality fabric (hence the inexpensiveness of some uniforms, i.e. on eBay). At the end of the day, the maid uniform is somewhat of a costume, so you will get costume material a lot of the time. As long as it's not ultra shiny or sheer, it should be fine. If the entire thing (black dress and all) was satiny, I'd be a little more concerned. But if it's just the apron, it might be okay.

I'll consult with the rest of the staff and see what they have to say; in the meantime, please try to post another picture in better lighting (i.e. in natural light).

Last edited by Ayumi on Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jessica
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Uniform crisis   Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:34 am

OH MY GOLDENDOODLES YOU'RE RIGHT IT'S SIDEWAYS

i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjYzWDc1MA==/z/ywMAAOxy--NRn37x/$T2eC16VHJF4FFkb6JpH0BRn37)c5GQ~~60_12.JPG

Here's the stock image, and I bought it off eBay. When I brought the issue up, the seller offered to refund me $2 (lol). I'll try to take a better picture sometime tomorrow. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bunnie
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Uniform crisis   Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:59 am

WingsofLark wrote:
OH MY GOLDENDOODLES YOU'RE RIGHT IT'S SIDEWAYS

i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjYzWDc1MA==/z/ywMAAOxy--NRn37x/$T2eC16VHJF4FFkb6JpH0BRn37)c5GQ~~60_12.JPG

Here's the stock image, and I bought it off eBay. When I brought the issue up, the seller offered to refund me $2 (lol). I'll try to take a better picture sometime tomorrow. Smile
Dude... if you got it on eBay demand for more of a refund! They almost always start with a low because people settle fast. I always get at least 50% refund if I'm unsatisfied with anything xD
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/jjackieelynn
Chihiro
Head Maid
Head Maid

PostSubject: Re: Uniform crisis   Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:57 am

^Agree lol

Tbh I think the apron would be fine after being ironed (put cloth between the iron and the apron if you feel the material is thin/satin to prevent burns). That lace is so shoddy though lol. We'll wait for a better photo but I'd say outlook so far is good (a.k.a not a happy situation but deff not a disaster)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uniform crisis   

Back to top Go down

Uniform crisis
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1