Fanimaids Only BBS

Where official maids of Fanimaid Cafe discuss and mingle.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Bodyline Group Order

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Walnutt
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Bodyline Group Order   Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:52 am

IMPORTANT: As Chihiro reminded me (thanks btw), you can get a pretty good discount if you switch the currency to JPN! Just choose JPN in the little drop down box at the top where it says currency to see the cheaper cost of your items. When you give me the list of items I'll invoice you with the JPN price and your share of the shipping cost.

---------------------------------------------------
Hey girls! If you need a dress, accessories, or a petticoat and haven't already checked out Bodyline, I would suggest giving it a look! They're a costume/cosplay store that does some Lolita too. It's considerably cheap for what you get, though it does seems that they're ramping up their prices on some of their new items. Not all of their maid outfits are appropriate for the cafe, but I know that myself and a fair amount of other girls have gotten their dresses from there.

They also have petticoats if you're stuck on where to find one! They have them in many different colors and styles, so rest assured that if your petticoat happens to accidentally peek out from under your dress at least you'll look stylish. For the petticoat selection, go to Lolita --> Pannier. These petticoats are pretty cheap as far as petticoats go and most of them won't give you Lolita-status poof but they seem to work well with their maid dresses.

If you're concerned about not having enough fluffyness under your dress (if the skirt part is slightly longer/heavy), I would suggest getting two (they do layer quite well), splurging on one of their fuller ones, or looking into getting a more heavy-duty petticoat from somewhere else. If you want to look into other options, let me know because I can totally hook you up with those Angelic Pretty-status petticoat poofballs. -wink- what no im not an illegal petticoat dealer

I was going to buy some shoes from them (they have a great selection, btw!) and I thought it would be great to get a group order started so we can all save on shipping. Of course, this group order doesn't have to be restricted to just Fanimaid-related items, and you can totally get in on this even if you're not buying anything to use for the cafe at all!

If you guys are interested, I'll draw out a schedule and plan. Their shipping is usually surprisingly fast for me, but I want to leave a a buffer zone of at least a week before the cafe just in case. As of now that looks like ordering by the 5th of May using EMS. Once we get the items, I can either send them to you if you're willing to pay shipping, arrange a pick-up for those of you who are in the Bay Area, or give them to you at the Friday meeting (though this option would be best if it's not for essential items for the cafe, like if you're just buying a Lolita dress for personal use). If none of these options work for you, just let me know and we can work something out!

Whew, I think that's everything. Let me know if you have questions and sorry for that wall of text. :U

tl;dr: LET'S DO A BODYLINE ORDER TOGETHER SO WE CAN SAVE ON SHIPPING BECAUSE WE'RE ALL CHEAP

Last edited by Walnutt on Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chihiro
Head Maid
Head Maid

PostSubject: Re: Bodyline Group Order   Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:31 am

Btw to save on costs make sure you switch currency to JPN
Back to top Go down
Resa chiic
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Bodyline Group Order   Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:21 am

Count me in for a petticoat for the group order if you do one! Would we pay you in return via paypal?
Back to top Go down
http://www.resachiic.com
Walnutt
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Bodyline Group Order   Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:18 pm

Chihiro wrote:
Oh my god I can't believe I forgot about that trick. I'll edit the post now! Thanks so much for the reminder. Looks like my shoes are going to be $10 less now. :B

airanimechiic wrote:
Count me in for a petticoat for the group order if you do one! Would we pay you in return via paypal?

You got it. And yes, payment will be due via Paypal before I make the order. Smile I'll let you know when that is if we get a few more people.
Back to top Go down
Shio
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Bodyline Group Order   Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:41 pm

How are Bodyline's shoes in terms of comfort? I always have trouble finding shoes that don't hurt my feet somehow, somewhere. I have narrow feet overall, but I guess my toes are fairly spread out because I frequently get pinched pinky, big, and/or index? toes.

I might just start a thread asking for shoe advice, because I bad... owo;
Back to top Go down
http://kemikalreaktion.com/
Chihiro
Head Maid
Head Maid

PostSubject: Re: Bodyline Group Order   Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:34 pm

kemikal wrote:
How are Bodyline's shoes in terms of comfort? I always have trouble finding shoes that don't hurt my feet somehow, somewhere. I have narrow feet overall, but I guess my toes are fairly spread out because I frequently get pinched pinky, big, and/or index? toes.

I own two pairs and im us size 5 (220) but bodyline only carries 225. So my experience may not help you much. But I have wide asian feet. For my wdges which are loose, I put insoles in them and it's fine. Comfort wise it's not the best but at the same time I have no complaints about any of my bl shoes. They dont do much to absorb shock, but it's not bad (well my wedges are more comf than my rhs). Shoes are generally stiff as well.
Back to top Go down
Resa chiic
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Bodyline Group Order   Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:52 pm

Walnutt wrote:
Chihiro wrote:
Oh my god I can't believe I forgot about that trick. I'll edit the post now! Thanks so much for the reminder. Looks like my shoes are going to be $10 less now. :B

airanimechiic wrote:

You got it. And yes, payment will be due via Paypal before I make the order. :)I'll let you know when that is if we get a few more people.

Thanks! Btw, I was looking at the english site and I'm a little confused how to find the petticoats. Is it "panniers"? And if it is, do you know how accurate the "puffiness" of the petticoat is in the pics?
Back to top Go down
http://www.resachiic.com
Chihiro
Head Maid
Head Maid

PostSubject: Re: Bodyline Group Order   Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:21 pm

airanimechiic wrote:
Walnutt wrote:
Chihiro wrote:

airanimechiic wrote:

You got it. And yes, payment will be due via Paypal before I make the order. :)I'll let you know when that is if we get a few more people.

Thanks! Btw, I was looking at the english site and I'm a little confused how to find the petticoats. Is it "panniers"? And if it is, do you know how accurate the "puffiness" of the petticoat is in the pics?
Avoid getting bodyline petticoats unless you just want something flashy. It provides minimal puff and girls usually have to layer them to get anything good. They're very expensive too
Back to top Go down
Walnutt
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Bodyline Group Order   Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:00 pm

kemikal wrote:

I have it a bit easier than Chihiro because I'm a size 5.5 US. The 225 from Bodyline fits me perfectly (I also have very narrow feet). The shoes aren't padded at all, but I do find them to be comfortable. I always wear them with socks for Lolita coordinates, which helps I think. I can walk around in them all day and not get sore feet, which is nice!

If you have a hard time finding comfortable shoes for your feet, it might be a good idea to get one size bigger (for example 225-->230) and fill up the room with cushy insoles. I've heard some girls do this but I've never tried it myself so I can't give you my opinion on how well it works. D:

airanimechiic wrote:

Yes, petticoats are also known as panniers. :)In my experience you'll get about half of what they look like in the picture for the shorter ones. The ones I've seen of the smaller type unfortunately squish very easily, which means they're not very good at holding up heavy skirts unless you use a few stacked up on each other which is very expensive for not much poof. I haven't seen PAN078 before, but it looks like it might be a more heavy duty one. You'll pay about $50 dollars for it using the currency trick.

Edit: Whoops didn't see that Chihiro posted before me. What she said. ^
Back to top Go down
Shio
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Bodyline Group Order   Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:24 pm

Oh my gosh, you girls are tiny! @@
I think I'll probably try looking in local stores nearby first. I tried the insole trick before, but it ended up making my heel shift and slip out all the time.
Back to top Go down
Chihiro
Head Maid
Head Maid

PostSubject: Re: Bodyline Group Order   Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:40 pm

If anybody is willing to fork over $50 for a petti, might as well get the victorian girl dream one for $20 :p super puff
Back to top Go down
Shio
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Bodyline Group Order   Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:42 pm

Chihiro wrote:
If anybody is willing to fork over $50 for a petti, might as well get the victorian girl dream one for $20 :p super puff

Shipping was an extra $9 for me, but I just got mine in the mail a couple days ago and can confirm the insane poofiness!
Back to top Go down
arisariddle
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Bodyline Group Order   Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:04 pm

Currently Bodyline is having a free air shipping. It ends on April 23.
Back to top Go down
raki-suta
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Bodyline Group Order   Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:55 pm

For Bodyline shoes sizing, should we base it off the men size or the women size? I'm so confused with their sizing chart since it doesn't say if their shoes are based on women or men sizing @_@
Back to top Go down
Bunnie
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Bodyline Group Order   Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:52 pm

raki-suta wrote:
For Bodyline shoes sizing, should we base it off the men size or the women size? I'm so confused with their sizing chart since it doesn't say if their shoes are based on women or men sizing @_@

A lot of shoes are based on the length of your foot so a size 6 women's is supposed to be 22.5cm(on some other website... T__T ). I would suggest measuring your foot instead of going off Us sizes just in case.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/jjackieelynn
arisariddle
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Bodyline Group Order   Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:08 pm

raki-suta wrote:

http://bodyline.co.jp/bodyline/shoessize.html

They have a shoe size chart here. I wear a US size 8 1/2 to 9, and the ones I usually get are the 25.5.
Back to top Go down
Walnutt
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Bodyline Group Order   Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:37 pm

arisariddle wrote:
Currently Bodyline is having a free air shipping. It ends on April 23.

I was planning on making the order after the 23rd so I'd like to use EMS just to make sure everything gets here in time. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
raki-suta
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Bodyline Group Order   Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:09 pm

arisariddle wrote:
raki-suta wrote:

They have a shoe size chart here. I wear a US size 8 1/2 to 9, and the ones I usually get are the 25.5.

So I'm assuming you're using the Japanese men sizing then right?
Back to top Go down
arisariddle
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Bodyline Group Order   Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:28 am

raki-suta wrote:
arisariddle wrote:
raki-suta wrote:

So I'm assuming you're using the Japanese men sizing then right?

No, it's the women.
Back to top Go down
Bunnie
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Bodyline Group Order   Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:27 pm

Instead of studying for my physio quiz that's tomorrow.... LOL I'm thinking about shoes T_______T
I was thinking about getting these..

I'm just so conflicted because I don't know how long I would actually wear these and I don't know if it's a waste since I already have mary jane type of shoes... BUT I ALWAYS wanted shoes like these and $40 is pretty good! I just don't want to get them and only be able to wear them a couple more times... I could always sell them if I don't wear them again....  Question Question Question Question  HELP me decide! XD
Back to top Go down
Ayumi
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Bodyline Group Order   Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:41 pm

Bunnie wrote:
Instead of studying for my physio quiz that's tomorrow.... LOL I'm thinking about shoes T_______T  I'm just so conflicted because I don't know how long I would actually wear these and I don't know if it's a waste since I already have mary jane type of shoes... BUT I ALWAYS wanted shoes like these and $40 is pretty good! I just don't want to get them and only be able to wear them a couple more times... I could always sell them if I don't wear them again....  Question Question Question Question  HELP me decide! XD

Get 'em. I'm an instigator. hehehe  cheers

(I also just bought $40 worth of squishies at the Cherry Blossom Festival, and I need someone to share in my guilt.  pale )

(On a real note, if you do get them, I suggest you bring your Mary Jane-type shoes as backup, just in case you get tired of wearing them and want to switch out.)
Back to top Go down
Bunnie
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Bodyline Group Order   Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:27 am

Ayumi wrote:

Get 'em. I'm an instigator. hehehe  cheers

(I also just bought $40 worth of squishies at the Cherry Blossom Festival, and I need someone to share in my guilt.  pale )

(On a real note, if you do get them, I suggest you bring your Mary Jane-type shoes as backup, just in case you get tired of wearing them and want to switch out.)

Alrighty it didn't take much convincing but I just bought them while sitting in my evolutionary Bio class xD (im such a bad student T__T ) I will bring my other shoes too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bodyline Group Order   

Back to top Go down

Bodyline Group Order
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1