Fanimaids Only BBS

Where official maids of Fanimaid Cafe discuss and mingle.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Petticoat Colour and Length

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jessica
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Petticoat Colour and Length   Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:03 am

Hey guys~ So I was buying stuff for my costume, then petticoats happened. I don't have much experience with this kind of thing, so I have a few questions. XD So first of all, which would be better under a maid uniform: a white petticoat or a black one? Secondly, if I buy a petticoat that ends up being too long, are there any ways to shorten it? (I'm just kind of paranoid that I'll end up buying a petticoat that's a few inches too long.) Thirdly...

... well there is no thirdly. It's just awkward to say first and second without saying "third".
Back to top Go down
Chihiro
Head Maid
Head Maid

PostSubject: Re: Petticoat Colour and Length   Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:22 am

Black and white are interchangeable. You could even do both if you wanted, LOL.
It's up to your personal taste if you want contrast or something that blends in.
Baby pink is another acceptable color. I have a red petticoat but because it doesn't show, it's no big deal.

Usually petticoats have a satin top and elastic waistband you can roll up and then pin. What I notice about petticoats though is that because the top is sating, when it's up against your skin, it'll naturally ride up so you should also take that into consideration. Length shouldn't be a huge issue unless the petticoat overall is both long and overly fluffy. I have a friend who has that issue. Her petti is too long and is overly fluffy on top of that, so it puffs out from under her skirt. It's not an issue, but generally it's good to keep petticoats from showing (see: history of petticoats) because historically, they are counted as undergarments Razz Mostly girls will end up frustrated if their petticoats show too much xD
There are of course, petticoats for show. Tiffany uses an array of different pastel colored petti, and they show when she dances.
Back to top Go down
Jessica
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Petticoat Colour and Length   Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:38 am

Lol flashing petticoats? How racy >>

Thanks for the advice, though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chihiro
Head Maid
Head Maid

PostSubject: Re: Petticoat Colour and Length   Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:46 pm

Lmao, yeah. Girls who will be performing will have their pettis showing no matter what, what with the dancing and swishing and jumping, ahaha. Not so much with the rest of us who will just be lurking around the cafe.
Back to top Go down
Jessica
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Petticoat Colour and Length   Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:13 pm

Elevated stage, can't be helped xD it applies to any kind of performance in a skirt lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Petticoat Colour and Length   

Back to top Go down

Petticoat Colour and Length
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1