Fanimaids Only BBS

Where official maids of Fanimaid Cafe discuss and mingle.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Rounding a square apron?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amarin
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Rounding a square apron?   Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:37 pm

Hey girls! I've NEVER sewn anything before (besides mending buttons/shortening pants etc.) so I don't want to guess and then eternally fuck my apron up LOL.

I have a square apron and I want it to be rounded like a semi-circle. (To balance the black and white in my uniform..plus I like semi-circle aprons more anyway.)

What way would be the best for this? Especially because I want to have the ruffles be continuously throughout the edges..and consistent ones too. (So I would love it if i could still use the ruffles already on my apron..if I made new ones, they would definitely look totally different. @__@) Here's my uniform btw!

And a sideview of the square-ness:
Back to top Go down
http://cosmicreverie.tumblr.com
Chihiro
Head Maid
Head Maid

PostSubject: Re: Rounding a square apron?   Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:16 pm

Lmao I look awful in that photo. Such a squinty bitch
Back to top Go down
Bunnie
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Rounding a square apron?   Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:29 pm

I am definitely no expert on sewing but what I would do is use a seam ripper and undo the bottom corners of the apron. Then cut to the shape you want (of course leaving extra for the hem) and sew it back with the ruffle. However from the looks of your ruffles... I don't think you'd be able to have that around the whole apron just because it looks pretty short. I think the only way you'd be able to fit it is if you made your apron considerably short which might look weird... lol if you have a fabric store near by they might have trim that could match the material.
If you wanted to really see if it will fit, tear out the whole ruffle and sorta make the shape you want then you can see how big the bottom part of your apron would be.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/jjackieelynn
Ayumi
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Rounding a square apron?   Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:15 pm

I was actually thinking of doing this to mine too.. thanks for the tips! I will most likely take it to my neighborhood tailor that I have befriended over the years with McDonalds and pearl tea and ask if she can do it. #professional #isuckatsewing #idontusetwitterorinstagram
Back to top Go down
Amarin
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Rounding a square apron?   Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:19 pm

Jackie AHHH thank you for the advice!!!! and yeah..i don't have enough ruffles huh @__@ maybe i'll just make new ones or IDK. i'll post when im done i guess LOLOL thank you ; w;

Amelia LOL GAWD YOU'RE SO CUTE
Back to top Go down
http://cosmicreverie.tumblr.com
Penko
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Rounding a square apron?   Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:25 pm

Amarin, I just so happen to have ~3 yards of white ruffle trim lying around. It's cotton, I think it would match your apron. I was gonna use it for my Madoka thing but decided on something else. Are you gonna be at the Cherry Blossom Festival the weekend of the 19th? :O We could meet up for to give trim ~

Otherwise, the trim is really not that expensive ~ With the 40% off perpetual coupon, I think I got mine for less than $2 a yard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rounding a square apron?   

Back to top Go down

Rounding a square apron?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1