Fanimaids Only BBS

Where official maids of Fanimaid Cafe discuss and mingle.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Self-made?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Resa chiic
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Self-made?   Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:50 pm

Hi!
I remember during the tryouts it was mentioned we are allowed to make our own costumes.
I was wondering, if we are allowed, but the maid outfit is still in progress, what should we send in by the application deadline?
Back to top Go down
http://www.resachiic.com
Penko
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Self-made?   Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:31 pm

Self-made is allowed for sure! I know at least three of us made our dresses last year, I'm sure more did and I just didn't know about it.

I am not sure about getting it approved though.... I AM TRULY SORRY STAFF but I have to admit I didn't actually get my dress approved last year @___@ I got approval for a dress I thought I was going to buy, then had to scrap it and make a dress at the last minute. (Don't be a shitbag like me, get your dress approved for sure. I am just really lucky there weren't any problems with mine!!!)

So I am also curious about the process for getting a homemade dress approved, cause I'll be making mine this year too.
Back to top Go down
Scarlet
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Self-made?   Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:41 pm

Hi girls!

Self-made dresses are ok~ As for submitting it for approval, a sketch of what you want to do or a reference picture that you're copying the design from would work. Also, mention colors you're using as we want the dress itself to be primarily black and white.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kiramekirari.tumblr.com
Resa chiic
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Self-made?   Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:25 pm

Scarlet wrote:
Hi girls!

Self-made dresses are ok~ As for submitting it for approval, a sketch of what you want to do or a reference picture that you're copying the design from would work. Also, mention colors you're using as we want the dress itself to be primarily black and white.

Alright thanks! I've sent mine in.
The only thing I'm concerned about, though, is that even though it looks like I have a petticoat in my picture, I actually don't- should I still try to get one?
Back to top Go down
Ayumi
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Self-made?   Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:54 pm

airanimechiic wrote:
The only thing I'm concerned about, though, is that even though it looks like I have a petticoat in my picture, I actually don't- should I still try to get one?

We highly encourage you to get a petticoat if possible. To better illustrate the importance, consider this analogy: a maid uniform without a petticoat is like.. ice cream without sprinkles. Or milk tea without tapioca pearls (like my analogies?? so good. *pats self on back*). They're still good on their own, but they're missing something that could make them way better. Unless you're not into sprinkles or tapioca pearls.. but I digress.

You can find very inexpensive petticoats on sites like eBay. Higher quality ones run about $15-ish and can be found at costume stores, etc. If you really cannot find/afford one, I may be able to hook you up.. during my search for the perfect maid uniform, I have acquired a number of random petticoats. They're not the best quality, but they're better than nothing. Just let me know. :]
Back to top Go down
Chihiro
Head Maid
Head Maid

PostSubject: Re: Self-made?   Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:55 pm

Actually, petticoats are a required part of your uniform (just like socks). Don't stress on the color of the petticoat though. Nonetheless, it is mandatory. It brings together the look of your skirt (thems doll proportions ye hear?) and is also a safety measure. Whether or not you'll be performing, you'll probably be swishing around and we dont want any accidental pantyflashes. We also recommend fuwapan or bloomers in addition, but thats completely optional.
In terms of metaphors, I'd say it's ice cream without the cone or bowl :p
Back to top Go down
TiffanyF
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Self-made?   Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:37 pm

Actually, to add to that, more than the bloomers and such being a recommendation, we actually want you to wear some shorts or something that covers your underwear. The petticoat helps a bit to hide it but you still need to cover it since this is a family friendly con and we also want to make sure all the girls are safe. We don't want the con or the patrons thinking its one of those "sexy" maid cafes.

Other than that, petticoat is indeed required. It completes the costume just like how socks are required. Without those two, it makes your maid costume look "naked"
Back to top Go down
http://com.nicovideo.jp/community/co370509
Resa chiic
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Self-made?   Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:40 pm

Ayumi wrote:
airanimechiic wrote:

We highly encourage you to get a petticoat if possible. To better illustrate the importance, consider this analogy: a maid uniform without a petticoat is like.. ice cream without sprinkles. Or milk tea without tapioca pearls (like my analogies?? so good. *pats self on back*). They're still good on their own, but they're missing something that could make them way better. Unless you're not into sprinkles or tapioca pearls.. but I digress.

You can find very inexpensive petticoats on sites like eBay. Higher quality ones run about $15-ish and can be found at costume stores, etc. If you really cannot find/afford one, I may be able to hook you up.. during my search for the perfect maid uniform, I have acquired a number of random petticoats. They're not the best quality, but they're better than nothing. Just let me know. :]
Chihiro wrote:
Actually, petticoats are a required part of your uniform (just like socks). Don't stress on the color of the petticoat though. Nonetheless,  it is mandatory. It brings together the look of your skirt (thems doll proportions ye hear?) and is also a safety measure. Whether or not you'll be performing, you'll probably be swishing around and we dont want any accidental pantyflashes. We also recommend fuwapan or bloomers in addition, but thats completely optional.
In terms of metaphors, I'd say it's ice cream without the cone or bowl :p
TiffanyF wrote:
Actually, to add to that, more than the bloomers and such being a recommendation, we actually want you to wear some shorts or something that covers your underwear. The petticoat helps a bit to hide it but you still need to cover it since this is a family friendly con and we also want to make sure all the girls are safe. We don't want the con or the patrons thinking its one of those "sexy" maid cafes.

Other than that, petticoat is indeed required. It completes the costume just like how socks are required. Without those two, it makes your maid costume look "naked"

Thanks everyone! >< I usually wear gym shorts under skirts, but I'll still definitely find a petticoat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Self-made?   

Back to top Go down

Self-made?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1