Fanimaids Only BBS

Where official maids of Fanimaid Cafe discuss and mingle.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Petticoat Recommendations?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rea
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Petticoat Recommendations?    Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:38 pm

Hey guys!

If I could remember, was it Asami who had the really fluffy one? But the post is gone now I think ; u;
I was wondering if there are any specific ebay sellers or sites that sell a nice fluffy petticoat that won't flatten by Fanime? If not, I'll just head off to Bodyline as my first choice! :3

Also, does it need to be white or can it be any color?

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Amarin
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Petticoat Recommendations?    Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:25 pm

Yes you're correct! ; v; eBay seller victoriangirldress! I have had mine for about a year and it's still super puffy not because of the tulle, but the way it was sewn. I think if you find one by LegAvenue that looks the same it'd work too. (Since there are ones that are slightly cheaper by them for the same price on eBay.)

If you buy from victoriangirldress, make sure you're getting the right listing. I accidentally bidded for a toddler sized one LOL. But I messaged the seller to change the size and they did. (:

You don't have to wear a white petticoat, it can be any color. (: Though your uniform must be black and white with a white apron. > o<
Back to top Go down
http://cosmicreverie.tumblr.com
Chihiro
Head Maid
Head Maid

PostSubject: Re: Petticoat Recommendations?    Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:26 pm

It's in the archived posts way at the bottom of the forums

manhandas wrote:
I highly recommend this one. If you bid right, you can get it for $20. I decided to buy this one because they received quite a few awesome reviews from EGL LJ communities. People commented 6+ months later saying it hasn't deflated yet either. It's super poofy! And you can change the size of the waist. (:

Link to seller:
http://myworld.ebay.com/victoriangirldress?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

OMG NICE GOING AMANDA, POSTING RIGHT BEFORE I DO Sad
Back to top Go down
Amarin
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Petticoat Recommendations?    Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:29 pm

HURR HURR i sho cool

I didn't link it though since I'm on my iTouch lol
I just woke up))): love me still katyusha):
Back to top Go down
Nao
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Petticoat Recommendations?    Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:31 pm

Mine is also from victoriangirldress! I can also vouch for it's poofiness, plus it's really comfortable!

I would stay away from bodyline petticoats. I've never owned one, but they're infamous in the lolitasphere for losing their poof really quickly.
Back to top Go down
Amarin
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Petticoat Recommendations?    Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:41 pm

^^^ yeah, i've heard that a lot too about bodyline petticoats

the lolitasphere got me with all their good reviews about victoriangirldress <":
i read somewhere that it's A-line, but if you roll it up (since there's some spacing between the band+tulle) it can be cupcake shaped.
Back to top Go down
Rea
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Petticoat Recommendations?    Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:58 pm

Wooo!
Awesome, thank you! I'll be sure to check them out * ^*
Back to top Go down
Nao
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Petticoat Recommendations?    Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:19 am

Yeah, I definitely at least wear the petticoat higher to get the right poof. I also tend to wear a smaller, cheap petti I got from a thrift store on top of it, to get the right shape (and extra poof).
Back to top Go down
Penko
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Petticoat Recommendations?    Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:00 pm

Thanks for the tip on this seller! These petticoats look awesome :V :V :V

Just to be sure, 3-16yr old pretty much means one size fits all, right? I'm looking at this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/001-Whites-Pettiskirts-Ballet-Tutus-Party-Event-Halloween-Xmas-3-16-years-old/170946902162?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=007&category=51583&cmd=ViewItem
Back to top Go down
Rea
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Petticoat Recommendations?    Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:05 pm

Penko wrote:
Thanks for the tip on this seller! These petticoats look awesome :V :V :V

Just to be sure, 3-16yr old pretty much means one size fits all, right? I'm looking at this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/001-Whites-Pettiskirts-Ballet-Tutus-Party-Event-Halloween-Xmas-3-16-years-old/170946902162?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=007&category=51583&cmd=ViewItem

You have to pick which size you want! They just list that the sizes available can fit from most 3 to 16 year olds. If you scroll down it will list the waist measurements for each size~! Hope that helps!
Back to top Go down
Penko
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Petticoat Recommendations?    Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:10 pm

OMG thank you lol, I was about to make a silly mistake.

So eerrr exactly how many inches above the knee does Our dress need to be? >__> I'm thinking of ordering XL, but that one hits 4inches above my knee. Is that too short? X:

Idk which dress I'm going to get yet, so I want to make sure my petticoat will make me appropriate in case I get a dress that's too short!
Back to top Go down
Rea
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Petticoat Recommendations?    Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:15 pm

Penko wrote:
OMG thank you lol, I was about to make a silly mistake.

So eerrr exactly how many inches above the knee does Our dress need to be? >__> I'm thinking of ordering XL, but that one hits 4inches above my knee. Is that too short? X:

Idk which dress I'm going to get yet, so I want to make sure my petticoat will make me appropriate in case I get a dress that's too short!

Hmm I don't know about that one actually ! > < Never thought about that, let's hope a veteran maid will answer that for us!
Also a newbie maid too haha, nice to meet you!
Back to top Go down
Keiko
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Petticoat Recommendations?    Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:35 pm

Unless im measuring incorrectly, and i dont think that i am, 4 in above the knee should be fine.....? Maybe my thighs are longer or something lol but 4in above the knee isnt even thigh high - height on me, and seems appropriate. When you send your uniform to staff they'll let you know if its too short/ appropriate, so no worries. Fluffy pettis do a good job about obscuring our goods too :3
Back to top Go down
http://nom-nom-keiko.tumblr.com
Nyamo
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Petticoat Recommendations?    Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:15 am

Victoriangirldress ftw!!! Chihiro can attest to how aweshum theirs is too >u<, plus you get a discount when you buy more than one (didn't read through all the comments so I'm not sure if someone already mentioned this). But yeah super cheap price for super awesome fluff.
Back to top Go down
Chihiro
Head Maid
Head Maid

PostSubject: Re: Petticoat Recommendations?    Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:48 pm

Sounds like we should do group order ;DD
Back to top Go down
Penko
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Petticoat Recommendations?    Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:38 pm

I am 100% down for a group order! I was actually just about to order my petti, but I'll wait and see
Back to top Go down
Ayumi
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Petticoat Recommendations?    Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:59 pm

For anyone interested, I'm actually looking to sell a couple of my petticoats!

Here is the eBay link of the first one: click. (that's not my listing, just someone's that I found; mine would be much cheaper, don't worry haha).

The second one is a black "Leg Avenue Layered Tulle Petticoat"; here's an Amazon link that I found of it: click.

If you're interested in one or both of these, let me know! Smile
Back to top Go down
Chihiro
Head Maid
Head Maid

PostSubject: Re: Petticoat Recommendations?    Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:17 am

Ooh, could you please put up IRL photos and your price? Since we can't tell how puffy it'd be under a skirt
I don't want to spend $20 on a petti from victoriangirl (though it's super nice) b/c I already have one, I just want a second for added fluff ; u;
Back to top Go down
Ayumi
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Petticoat Recommendations?    Thu May 02, 2013 12:22 am

I feel it would be pertinent to mention that the fabric of my uniform is quite heavy (it's two layers); in these pictures, I am only wearing one of the petticoats (the black one), but in the past, I have been doubling up, though I've found that it doesn't make a huge difference (the fabric is just too darn heavy lol!).

I actually just ordered another petticoat (what is that, like the fourth one I have.. lol), so I have to see how much I like that one. Depending on which one(s) I'm digging will determine which one(s) I'm willing to part with. However, if you're just looking for a secondary one for extra *oomph*, I can just bring them and you tell me which one you like (if any), and we can negotiate a price on the spot.

(really, I'm just looking to free up some space. That price could be free, depending on if you play your cards right hehehe. I'll even throw in a pair of black knee-highs, if I can find them lol! I just go crazy sometimes getting stuff, and then I find out I don't need it or have too many Razz ).
Back to top Go down
Chihiro
Head Maid
Head Maid

PostSubject: Re: Petticoat Recommendations?    Thu May 02, 2013 1:08 am

Woah I forgot to update this Surprised My new uniform actually came with a petticoat, and combined with my old one, it makes a perfect poof! But Amanda/asami is maybe possibly looking for a new petti? Cuz her current one is TOO fluffy lol

How heavy is your skirt compared to a lolita skirt? My friend is looking to buy a petti for her skirt and your black one seems to be the right shape, but I'm not sure how far it goes fluff wise (what with the heavy fabric of the skirt)
Back to top Go down
Ayumi
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Petticoat Recommendations?    Thu May 02, 2013 10:59 pm

I... I have no idea heavy a Lolita skirt is hehe. Razz

do... do you want to see a pic of me just wearing the petticoat? kekekeke Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ayumi
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Petticoat Recommendations?    Fri May 24, 2013 2:22 am

I'll be bringing my extra petticoats to the meeting tomorrow for anyone who wants to have a look at them! cat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Petticoat Recommendations?    

Back to top Go down

Petticoat Recommendations?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1