Fanimaids Only BBS

Where official maids of Fanimaid Cafe discuss and mingle.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Unifrom Crisis!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Which uniform is better?
Uniform 1
100%
 100% [ 2 ]
Uniform 2
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Uniform 3
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Uniform 4
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
Miki_Chan
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Unifrom Crisis!   Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:27 am

Hello fellow maids,

I have been really excited about Fanime 2012 and getting the chance to wear the uniforms, but the more I think about the uniform that was approved, the more I want to change it. I will be upfront, I am very self concious of my body. I hate my arms, thighs and stomach and I just want to look my best without looking like a fat cow in a maid outfit ;-; My current uniform that I chose to have approved was this one I found on ebay:

Like a Star @ heaven Click

These two seem like good choices I found on cosmates.jp

and this one I think is good but I think it maybe too short and it exposes my thighs:

and this one seems cute also:

For all I know it is probably too late to change my uniform but if I could then I would love opinions on whether I should change my uniform or not.

<3
Back to top Go down
Ayumi
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Unifrom Crisis!   Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:15 am

Aw honey... I'm sure a lot of other girls will have other things to say as well, but I don't think the main point of being a Fanimaid is to fit any kind of preconceived image you may have, but to have fun in what you're doing and be happy with yourself. With that being said, I will say that your first choice is oftentimes the best one; it's something my 7th grade teacher told me, and having gone through high school and college, I can vouch for its validity. I'm a really indecisive person, though, so I feel your pain with second-guessing yourself; but especially if you've already ordered it, my opinion is that you should stick with your first choice.

Even after I've said all that, you're probably still concerned, so let me say that the color black has a naturally slimming effect (just as the color white has a widening effect). If you're worried about your thighs, maybe black stockings or thigh highs would be a better choice, as opposed to white. Also, I use a tummy firmer when I'm wearing something close-fitting (I've been wearing them since I was a kid 'cuz my mom made me wear them.. lolwut).

But seriously, we come in all shapes and sizes; we are all one big family, and you're a part of it, so you have all of our support! Rock what you got and show your pride as a Fanimaid! I love you
Back to top Go down
TiffanyF
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Unifrom Crisis!   Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:36 am

This should be a choice of whichever one you like the most, not whichever one you think others will like the most!

Feel comfortable in your body, we're not going to judge you and I'm sure whatever you wear it will look cute and moe! <3

I'm for sure not comfortable with my body but wearing something I really like and being in the character, you forget all those things about what you hate about your body for a while while you're in the role.
Back to top Go down
http://com.nicovideo.jp/community/co370509
Kazuko
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Unifrom Crisis!   Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:56 am

Honey like everyone has said, the purpose of maid cafe is to have fun and be happy.

We all come in various shapes and sizes (Like I aint the skinniest girl) I think the outfit you chose is adorable, when donning on a maid uniform to me it is the most moe and fabulous thing in the world. I feel like I look great and as long as you love the uniform just rock it with confidence. Black is a slimming effect so it shouldn't be too bad

Also for your arms and legs these outfits arent revealing much since we arent exposing out pits or anything

We aren't going to judge you or anything so dont stress! Maid cafe is all about having fun and making friends! We are a big family

Back to top Go down
Amarin
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Unifrom Crisis!   Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:20 pm

I agree with everyone. ;__; Fanimaid is supposed to be super fun, so I hope you take everyone's advice to heart. T__T I got the same uniform as your first choice, so if you choose to wear that, we can be awesome matching maids!! :D You will definitely look super cute and moe in it, okay? ;__; I hope you believe so too. ;__; Everyone is here for support!!

But if you do decide to change which uniform you want, I'm pretty sure it'll be fine, though you should ask staff to make sure. The only thing that mattered at the deadline was that you actually sent in a uniform to be approved, and you did, so. ^^ (And those other ones you linked were preapproved uniforms too I think. O: )
Back to top Go down
http://cosmicreverie.tumblr.com
Keiko
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Unifrom Crisis!   Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:36 pm

Everyone else has already mentioned, you're wonderful just the way you are. As far as wanting to compliment your body type in your maid uniform, many of the girls have already provided goood tips. Black really is slimming, and zettai ryouiki may be somethig to look into, as well as solid stockings, garters or even some shapewear. I understand wantin to look a certain way, but ive also come to understand that its not about being skinny, but its about dressing well the body youve been given and being confident.

Stick with yo first option; its cute and approved and im sure you'll rock it ^^

Lots of the maids looking to improve themselves have joined the weightloss thread; its floating around here somewhere. They do pilates together and we all update our progress together. We're a good support system kekekekeke
Back to top Go down
http://nom-nom-keiko.tumblr.com
Miki_Chan
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Unifrom Crisis!   Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:40 pm

I wanted to say this sooner, but I wanted to say thank you to everyone who replied to this thread because I really felt down and discouraged to continue as a Fanimaid because there are people I know who simply put me down because they believe I won't be "moe" enough, or skinny enough, and even as far as saying I am not "asian" so I won't be a good maid and my self confidence kinda went down the drain but it is very nice to hear that among the Fanimaid community that there is a support group I can fall on so I really appreciate everyone's answers

<3
Back to top Go down
Kazuko
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Unifrom Crisis!   Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:51 pm

Miki_Chan wrote:
I wanted to say this sooner, but I wanted to say thank you to everyone who replied to this thread because I really felt down and discouraged to continue as a Fanimaid because there are people I know who simply put me down because they believe I won't be "moe" enough, or skinny enough, and even as far as saying I am not "asian" so I won't be a good maid and my self confidence kinda went down the drain but it is very nice to hear that among the Fanimaid community that there is a support group I can fall on so I really appreciate everyone's answers

<3

Girl those who said that to you are really rude and you should ignore them. I dont know if they are friends of yours but they are horrible friends for saying those things.

I think you are going to be a fantastic maid! Forget what your haters say its all about what you want and how you feel. So if you feel that you are moe and and fine fresh fierce than girl work it!

You dont have to be asian or thin or whatever to be moe. It comes from within, I am most certainly not asian and the same for a few of our other maids we all are different shapes and sizes and we all feel moe

Dont worry hun we love you! Be happy!
Back to top Go down
Miki_Chan
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Unifrom Crisis!   Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:18 pm

Kazuko wrote:
Miki_Chan wrote:

<3

Girl those who said that to you are really rude and you should ignore them. I dont know if they are friends of yours but they are horrible friends for saying those things.

I think you are going to be a fantastic maid! Forget what your haters say its all about what you want and how you feel. So if you feel that you are moe and and fine fresh fierce than girl work it!

You dont have to be asian or thin or whatever to be moe. It comes from within, I am most certainly not asian and the same for a few of our other maids we all are different shapes and sizes and we all feel moe

Dont worry hun we love you! Be happy!

Thank you <3
;-;
Back to top Go down
Miki_Chan
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Unifrom Crisis!   Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:21 pm

Well I might have ANOTHER crisis on the moment.

You see I just started my job early April and I won't get paid until next week, which is when I am going to purchase my uniform, but the thing is that I am not sure if it will be here for Fanime on time ;-;

I was hoping if any of you have an extra uniform for backup just in case my uniform does not come here on time?

I wear a size large mind everyone, please let me know
Back to top Go down
CrackPr0n
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Unifrom Crisis!   Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:54 pm

Miki_Chan wrote:
Well I might have ANOTHER crisis on the moment.

You see I just started my job early April and I won't get paid until next week, which is when I am going to purchase my uniform, but the thing is that I am not sure if it will be here for Fanime on time ;-;

I was hoping if any of you have an extra uniform for backup just in case my uniform does not come here on time?

I wear a size large mind everyone, please let me know

They ship in usually 2-3 weeks, so you should be fine if you order it before like May 5th.
Back to top Go down
Nyamo
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Unifrom Crisis!   Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:41 pm

Not sure if someone has already pointed this out, but the other two uniforms are also available on Bodyline (you might already know this but just in case) and for much cheaper prices than cosmates.
Back to top Go down
thuggdere
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Unifrom Crisis!   Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:35 pm

If worst comes to worst, I have a spare maid outfit that I can sell to you for only like $45.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/ledono
Miki_Chan
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Unifrom Crisis!   Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:46 am

momochi wrote:
If worst comes to worst, I have a spare maid outfit that I can sell to you for only like $45.

Can you send me a link on what it looks like?
Back to top Go down
Miki_Chan
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Unifrom Crisis!   Wed May 09, 2012 10:46 pm

Asami wrote:
I agree with everyone. ;__; Fanimaid is supposed to be super fun, so I hope you take everyone's advice to heart. T__T I got the same uniform as your first choice, so if you choose to wear that, we can be awesome matching maids!! :D You will definitely look super cute and moe in it, okay? ;__; I hope you believe so too. ;__; Everyone is here for support!!

But if you do decide to change which uniform you want, I'm pretty sure it'll be fine, though you should ask staff to make sure. The only thing that mattered at the deadline was that you actually sent in a uniform to be approved, and you did, so. ^^ (And those other ones you linked were preapproved uniforms too I think. O: )

Well it looks like I got my first choice for my uniform xD
Let's be matching maids <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unifrom Crisis!   

Back to top Go down

Unifrom Crisis!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1