Fanimaids Only BBS

Where official maids of Fanimaid Cafe discuss and mingle.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Amarin
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival?   Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:50 pm

Festival Schedule

Is anyone going? Specifically on April 22nd? :D

I was talking on the IRC chat with a few maids, and it turns out some people are going. ; v; So far, I know Tiffany, Ami, Cherry, and Yukie are performing. Manami and I are walking in the parade, and Ruvie wants to meet up. :D

I'm not sure about all the details, but Tiffany suggested that we should have a casual meeting together (in cosplay or not, depending if you want to walk in the parade or just be there in cosplay). But yeah, it'd be awesome to meet up, have fun at the festival, and watch Tiffany's, Ami's, Cherry's, and Yukie's performances. ; v;

Oh, and if anyone is taking BART/Muni to Japantown, I'd be willing to go with you if we want to get there at the same time. > A<;; I have to leave from Millbrae BART..so yeah. xD;; We can meet at any BART station going there I guess. I usually take BART to Montgomery then the 38. O:

If you want to walk in the parade in the cosplay section, fill out this form and email it to the address at the bottom. You'll get a confirmation number in the email in a few hours/days. It starts at City Hall and ends somewhere in Japantown.

But yeah, if you can come, PLEASE DO! 8D It'll be so cool. C:

Quick Overview:
-10:00AM: Cosplay Contest
-12:00PM: Check-In for the Parade at City Hall
-1:00PM: Parade starts
[Some time in between will be the casual meeting?]
-4:00-5:00: Watch Tiffany's, Ami's, Cherry's, and Yukie's performances! C:

Last edited by Asami on Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:43 am; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://cosmicreverie.tumblr.com
mystraven
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival?   Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:04 am

I know I'm going for sure on the 14th, I'm still debating on whether or not I should go the next week as well but if there's going to be a meet up on the 22nd I'll try to see if I can make it Smile
Back to top Go down
Amarin
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival?   Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:25 am

mystraven wrote:
I know I'm going for sure on the 14th, I'm still debating on whether or not I should go the next week as well but if there's going to be a meet up on the 22nd I'll try to see if I can make it Smile
Ah-! That's awesome. ;_; I wish I could go, especially because my friend is performing with the San Francisco Taiko Dojo on that day, but I'm going to be at the Seattle U Open House in..Seattle..that day. Lol. @_@;;

Hopefully you can!! (: It might just be a small one with the people I listed above, but I'm not sure yet. ^^
Back to top Go down
Keiko
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival?   Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:47 am

Oh! I just registered for the parade last week ^^ I'll definitely be there on the 22nd in cosplay, so if anyone is available I'd like to not walk all by myself heh heh heh... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://nom-nom-keiko.tumblr.com
TiffanyF
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival?   Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:48 am

I'll probably be in SoCal for the first weekend of Cherry Blossom Festival but I'll definitely be there for the 22nd!

Lets meet up and just hangout! (Then you guys should come to see our performance Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
http://com.nicovideo.jp/community/co370509
Amarin
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival?   Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:29 am

Keiko wrote:
Oh! I just registered for the parade last week ^^ I'll definitely be there on the 22nd in cosplay, so if anyone is available I'd like to not walk all by myself heh heh heh... Very Happy
Awesome! You can walk with Manami and me. ; v;b
Are you going straight to City Hall or Japantown first then walking to City Hall for the start of the parade?

TiffanyF wrote:
I'll probably be in SoCal for the first weekend of Cherry Blossom Festival but I'll definitely be there for the 22nd!

Lets meet up and just hangout! (Then you guys should come to see our performance Very Happy)
Yesssssss! I can't wait to see all of you perform eeee<3
Back to top Go down
Ami*chan
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival?   Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:58 am

Anyone going to be in yukata?? I usually wear one ever year, and just change when I have to perform xD
Back to top Go down
Kazuko
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival?   Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:31 am

Ami*chan wrote:
Anyone going to be in yukata?? I usually wear one ever year, and just change when I have to perform xD

I will probably be in mine if I make it out on the 22nd!
Back to top Go down
Keiko
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival?   Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:46 pm

Asami wrote:
Keiko wrote:
Awesome! You can walk with Manami and me. ; v;b
Are you going straight to City Hall or Japantown first then walking to City Hall for the start of the parade?

I don't actually know :O I'll probably be busing to wherever I decide to go though, haha. What do other people usually do ...?
Back to top Go down
Amarin
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival?   Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:14 pm

@Ami & Kazuko: Ahhh-! You both would look absolutely stunning if you wore your yukatas. @ A@ I hope I can see that hehe. I hope you can make it Kazuko! :D

Keiko wrote:
I don't actually know :O I'll probably be busing to wherever I decide to go though, haha. What do other people usually do ...?
Ah, okay! I don't know. LOL/shot We can see what Manami's going to do. C: I'll PM her in case. (: I've never taken public transportation to City Hall before though..so..@_@;; Check-in's at 12PM at City Hall though, so atleast we know we should be there by then.
Back to top Go down
Ayumi
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival?   Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:33 pm

Where did you guys get your yukata? I've always wanted to get one to wear at a Japanese festival..
Back to top Go down
manami
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival?   Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:48 pm

Keiko wrote:
Ah, okay! I don't know. LOL/shot We can see what Manami's going to do. C: I'll PM her in case. (: I've never taken public transportation to City Hall before though..so..@_@;; Check-in's at 12PM at City Hall though, so atleast we know we should be there by then.[/quote]

Yay! So many girls are going! I'm participating in the costume contest, so I need to be at City Hall by 10-10:30am. If people are interested, we could grab lunch by City Hall before the parade starts! Otherwise, we could just meet up at around 12:45pm for the parade? I'm not sure how long judging takes so I'm trying to leave myself time to eat something before we march! I come in from Berkeley, so I'll be taking the Bart to the Civic Center stop.
Back to top Go down
Amarin
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival?   Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:33 pm

manami wrote:

Yay! So many girls are going! I'm participating in the costume contest, so I need to be at City Hall by 10-10:30am. If people are interested, we could grab lunch by City Hall before the parade starts! Otherwise, we could just meet up at around 12:45pm for the parade? I'm not sure how long judging takes so I'm trying to leave myself time to eat something before we march! I come in from Berkeley, so I'll be taking the Bart to the Civic Center stop.
Ahh! That's so awesome. 8D Well, I heard the judging only takes a few minutes because there are 100 contestants max, but I don't know if you can leave right after you're judged..you probably can. O: I'm just guessing though, haha;; Maybe you'll end up being on the float! eeee ; v;<333

In the parade email, it said to be at the Plaza in front of City Hall by 12PM. ;~; I think I'm going to eat lunch before I leave home since I'll just be there in time for the parade..so, I don't think I can eat lunch with you. ):

P.S. Your new icon with your maid uniform is SO CUTE<333 You're so adorable. ;__;<333

-----------

Put a quick schedule thingie on the top post of what we'll all do? I assume we're going to meet around the pagoda for the meetup before the girls' performances? C:
Back to top Go down
Chihiro
Head Maid
Head Maid

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival?   Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:57 am

I'm going to try my best to go ^^ Either 21st or 22nd depending my schedule because 22nd is the last day of spring break ;o Hopefully I'll try to go with Katie. I'll be taking BART there.
Back to top Go down
Amarin
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival?   Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:15 am

Pocky wrote:
I'm going to try my best to go ^^ Either 21st or 22nd depending my schedule because 22nd is the last day of spring break ;o Hopefully I'll try to go with Katie. I'll be taking BART there.
Ahhhh, that'd be so freaking sweet! Hopefully you two can go. (:

/okgoodnightpassesout
Back to top Go down
Cherry
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival?   Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:32 pm

I'll be attending, but just watching the parade and then going to be performing with Angel Hearts for the anime talent show after the parade. ( will be in a sparkly pink confetti dot IDOLM@STER 2 costume ). Hope to see you all there!
Back to top Go down
http://www.acparadise.com/acp/display.php?a=11910
Amarin
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival?   Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:10 pm

Cherry wrote:
I'll be attending, but just watching the parade and then going to be performing with Angel Hearts for the anime talent show after the parade. ( will be in a sparkly pink confetti dot IDOLM@STER 2 costume ). Hope to see you all there!
Awesome! ; v; I can't wait to see all of you perform. *__* I just added you into the top post. :D

Last edited by Asami on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Keiko
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival?   Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:22 am

if we have to be there by 12 then i think i can take the bus there. i'm not sure how comfortable i'll be walking around in a crowded area with my long wig and wooden katana though @__@ maybe i should rethink my costume selection or accessories... aiie!
Back to top Go down
Kazuko
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival?   Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:33 am

Keiko wrote:
if we have to be there by 12 then i think i can take the bus there. i'm not sure how comfortable i'll be walking around in a crowded area with my long wig and wooden katana though @__@ maybe i should rethink my costume selection or accessories... aiie!

I went on the bus with my friend Reina and we both had Yukata on last year, she had her hair super decked out in accessories

be prepared to master the sideways muni squeeeeze young one since the 38 is super crowded during cbf. We were basically surfing trying to make sure no one smushed our obis or stepped on our yukata.

What I would do is keep your accessories (such as hairclips, anything that is easily detachable) in your bag and then put it on after you get off the bus.
Back to top Go down
Chihiro
Head Maid
Head Maid

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival?   Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:04 am

Kazuko wrote:
Keiko wrote:

I went on the bus with my friend Reina and we both had Yukata on last year, she had her hair super decked out in accessories

be prepared to master the sideways muni squeeeeze young one since the 38 is super crowded during cbf. We were basically surfing trying to make sure no one smushed our obis or stepped on our yukata.

What I would do is keep your accessories (such as hairclips, anything that is easily detachable) in your bag and then put it on after you get off the bus.
Orz muni.. All the time the struggle continues
Back to top Go down
Kotone
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival?   Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:59 am

Going to try to make it to this and cosplay! Not really sure how I'm gonna get up there yet, but I'll figure something out Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/snippershoo
Bri-Boobs
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival?   Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:36 pm

I'll do my best to go! Hopefully work won't stop me! ><
Back to top Go down
Amarin
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival?   Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:46 pm

@Everyone: LOL. Yes...Muni stories. T_T Lol, I wore my maid uniform on Muni once for a the Anime Fair in Japantown around September, and this really creeper old guy kept looking at me all creeper, then said, "Hey girl...I like your costume. ;D" lfkdjsglj LOL it was so gross. OTL

@Keiko: Alright! ^^ I guess we can all meet around 12 in front of City Hall before the parade. ; v; I don't think I want to get there any earlier. XD/shot I know there's supposedly a meet at 8AM in front of May's Cafe (the cafe right when you enter the mall) from Cosplay.com pals, but I don't know how official that is or anything, haha.. I was considering just catching a ride with my friend from the Taiko Dojo since he has to be at Japantown by 8AM anyway, then meeting up with the Cosplay.com people to walk to City Hall with..but lol I don't really want to wake up that early. > w>

@Kazuko: Ahh ;~; Nothing got ruined I hope? D:

@Yvonne&Bri: EEeeee! I hope you both can make it! :D

Back to top Go down
Chihiro
Head Maid
Head Maid

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival?   Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:14 pm

Asami: Where is the city hall? e^e

Also is anybody going this sat/sun? I found out next week is my spring break, not next next week p:
Back to top Go down
mystraven
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival?   Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:27 am

I spent the whole night going through the forum when the whole point of being on the forum was to reply to this.

I'm for sure going on the 22nd now, but I'm also meeting some other people, so I may end up joining you guys at a later time? Depending on how things go.

But I'll be there for the performances at 4-5.

Yay I'm excited noww!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival?   

Back to top Go down

San Francisco Cherry Blossom Festival?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next