Fanimaids Only BBS

Where official maids of Fanimaid Cafe discuss and mingle.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Makeup: Precisely colored contacts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nyamo
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Makeup: Precisely colored contacts   Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:25 pm

Are we allowed to wear colored contacts? Nothing crazy, just natural colors (black, brown, blue, grey, green, etc) that don't have a weird shape.
Back to top Go down
CrackPr0n
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Makeup: Precisely colored contacts   Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:52 pm

Contcts are cool, whatever color really, as long as you look good in it.
Back to top Go down
Nyamo
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Makeup: Precisely colored contacts   Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:32 pm

Yay! \(^u^)/ thank you~
Back to top Go down
Chihiro
Head Maid
Head Maid

PostSubject: Re: Makeup: Precisely colored contacts   Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:03 pm

What color lenses do you think I should wear? :L I personally favor the nudy blue and tri color violets. But I also think girls with green eyes are hot. Idk.

Listed from most natural to least:
Tri color violets (14mm, no enlargement)
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/419550_3387393254275_1552868924_32994123_1930838454_n.jpg
In crappy room lighting so.. But it looks only barely purple irl. Very slategrey-purple.

I have Nudy Blue (14mm, notable enlargement but not crey big)
http://www.jeban.com/userfiles/uploads/2008/09/Picture%20014.jpg Not me if you cant tell.. But this one is pretty accuray to life

Super Nudy green (14.6mm, look big)
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
Imo they aren't as outstanding as they are in that pic.. Since it's a picture specifically taken to see the details of the lenses, they really aren't that noticeably green irl >_>
Back to top Go down
Nyamo
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Makeup: Precisely colored contacts   Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:21 pm

Pocky wrote:
What color lenses do you think I should wear? :L I personally favor the nudy blue and tri color violets. But I also think girls with green eyes are hot. Idk.

Listed from most natural to least:
Tri color violets (14mm, no enlargement)
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/419550_3387393254275_1552868924_32994123_1930838454_n.jpg
In crappy room lighting so.. But it looks only barely purple irl. Very slategrey-purple.

I have Nudy Blue (14mm, notable enlargement but not crey big)
http://www.jeban.com/userfiles/uploads/2008/09/Picture%20014.jpg Not me if you cant tell.. But this one is pretty accuray to life

Super Nudy green (14.6mm, look big)
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif
Imo they aren't as outstanding as they are in that pic.. Since it's a picture specifically taken to see the details of the lenses, they really aren't that noticeably green irl >_>

Depends on what you want. If you want your eyes to really stand out then go with the nudy blue or green. The tri violet doesn't seem to be that visible in dark-ish lighting so I can't say cuz I'm not sure how strong the lighting is at the cafe.
Back to top Go down
lttlrshark
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Makeup: Precisely colored contacts   Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:37 pm

I would think all contacts are fine.....except for those really scary ones......we aren't SASUKE/KAKASHI/ITACHI here so........lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/meilyneT
Keiko
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Makeup: Precisely colored contacts   Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:47 pm

The lighting of the cafe is just regular daylight/ convention lighting, nothing too fancy. I'd definitely go with the nudy blue, then nudy green, and then definitely tri color last. I don't think it's worth buying lenses if you don't notice them -__-

Green eyes are more common, I think, and would be a really interesting eye color choice over all!!
Back to top Go down
http://nom-nom-keiko.tumblr.com
Chihiro
Head Maid
Head Maid

PostSubject: Re: Makeup: Precisely colored contacts   Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:39 pm

Keiko: Actually, nudy blues are extremely popular. Blue lenses in general are more common than green. The only thing I dislike about the greens are how big they look.. They need proper eye enlarging makeup to balance XD I'll take a photo photo of the blues this friday, and green nearer to fanime. Green eyes are so cute ♥_♥ But I agree with your order for the lenses! Maybe I'll wear blue one day and green another?
Back to top Go down
Keiko
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Makeup: Precisely colored contacts   Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:47 pm

Pocky wrote:
Keiko: Actually, nudy blues are extremely popular. Blue lenses in general are more common than green. The only thing I dislike about the greens are how big they look.. They need proper eye enlarging makeup to balance XD I'll take a photo photo of the blues this friday, and green nearer to fanime. Green eyes are so cute ♥_♥ But I agree with your order for the lenses! Maybe I'll wear blue one day and green another?

...I don't know why I said more common, I totally meant to say more uncommon. I never see anyone with green eyes, which is why I suggested you get them so I could see someone with green eyes in person LOL. Get em both!!!! And then wear one each, Yuna style.
Back to top Go down
http://nom-nom-keiko.tumblr.com
Kazuko
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Makeup: Precisely colored contacts   Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:26 pm

mm I am actually thinking of ordering green circle lenses from PinkyParadise! Any of you girls recommend which brand is best? I have dark brown eyes and I really think green would be super fun to wear! I was looking at Geo Nudy green or Geo Angel green
Back to top Go down
Nyamo
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Makeup: Precisely colored contacts   Tue May 01, 2012 3:04 pm

Kazuko wrote:
mm I am actually thinking of ordering green circle lenses from PinkyParadise! Any of you girls recommend which brand is best? I have dark brown eyes and I really think green would be super fun to wear! I was looking at Geo Nudy green or Geo Angel green

I think Nudy Green is more vivid than Angel green? I just googled them both and compared. I guess if you want it to stand out then go for nudy green.
Back to top Go down
Nyamo
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Makeup: Precisely colored contacts   Sat May 05, 2012 7:55 pm

I can't decide between green or blue I. Fairy lenses.

Nova Green:
http://www.icandycontactlens.com/uploads/7/3/1/6/7316274/4709489_orig.png

Jewel Green:
http://www.icandycontactlens.com/uploads/7/3/1/6/7316274/1419188_orig.jpg

Nova Blue:
http://www.icandycontactlens.com/uploads/7/3/1/6/7316274/9158274_orig.png

Which one do you think would pair well with dark brown hair?
Back to top Go down
Chihiro
Head Maid
Head Maid

PostSubject: Re: Makeup: Precisely colored contacts   Mon May 07, 2012 10:26 pm

Actually, since I own a pair of nudy greens and seen Angels (angel greys), I'd def say nudy greens aren't very noticable colorwise irl. I mean, they aren't BAM. Compared to Angels, Angels stand out more. The nudy pattern causes the color to blend in more with natural eyes. The nudys look great in photos though, and their colors really pop. Same with Angels.

Also holy jesus balls PLEASE PLEASE for the sake of humankind do NOT get 16mm lenses Sad
Or I will avoid you like no tomorrow
They are in general.. Really scary.. REALLY SCARY. Eerrrgerger.
Like blackout eyes are sexy and fuq but omg 16mm circle lenses is another story..
Aren't I. Fairys all 16mm?
Aside from that, I dig Jewel Green. If it's not 16mm that is.
Back to top Go down
Nyamo
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Makeup: Precisely colored contacts   Mon May 07, 2012 11:54 pm

Pocky wrote:
Actually, since I own a pair of nudy greens and seen Angels (angel greys), I'd def say nudy greens aren't very noticable colorwise irl. I mean, they aren't BAM. Compared to Angels, Angels stand out more. The nudy pattern causes the color to blend in more with natural eyes. The nudys look great in photos though, and their colors really pop. Same with Angels.

Also holy jesus balls PLEASE PLEASE for the sake of humankind do NOT get 16mm lenses Sad
Like blackout eyes are sexy and fuq but omg 16mm circle lenses is another story..

Really??!!! pale i got the Nova blue.......*gulps*........the review pics of peeps didn't look terrible.....so I hope that's the case for me too TT^TT"""""""" but if they are as scary as you say, then i'll just go au naturel ^u^
Back to top Go down
Chihiro
Head Maid
Head Maid

PostSubject: Re: Makeup: Precisely colored contacts   Wed May 09, 2012 12:29 am

Link me to review pics? You have do some SERIOUS eye makeup to balance out the huge diameter of the 16mms. Hopefully your natural eyes are like white people eyes (big) :L
Back to top Go down
Kazuko
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Makeup: Precisely colored contacts   Wed May 09, 2012 1:16 am

Pocky wrote:

Thanks for the advice pocky *u*!
Back to top Go down
Nyamo
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Makeup: Precisely colored contacts   Thu May 10, 2012 1:09 am

Pocky wrote:
Link me to review pics? You have do some SERIOUS eye makeup to balance out the huge diameter of the 16mms. Hopefully your natural eyes are like white people eyes (big) :L

http://occasionallycute.blogspot.com/2012/02/review-ifairy-nova-aka-candy-vivi-red.html
^^^^ this person got it in red, which is kinda scary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHMh3rQ0q88
^^^^ this is for Nova Brown.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-LX55xAi7s1A/Tfre85fK68I/AAAAAAAAABk/_jJZHCl-Qwc/s1600/i.Fairy+Nova+Blue+JOINED.jpg
^^^^^^^^ Nova Blue

Most of the pics are of models when i search under images :/ so I don't think those are as reliable T^T.

*sigh* would eye-enlarging makeup techniques that Ageha models use work?
Back to top Go down
Chihiro
Head Maid
Head Maid

PostSubject: Re: Makeup: Precisely colored contacts   Thu May 10, 2012 2:09 am

16.2mm.. holy..
My brain does not comprehend.

Ageha models are just gyaru girls right? I suppose it's the ideal type, since gyaru eye makeup is centered aorund enlarging the eyes.

I found a blog post for a review of 16mm lenses.. I'll try to dig it up
Back to top Go down
Nyamo
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Makeup: Precisely colored contacts   Thu May 10, 2012 4:44 pm

Pocky wrote:
16.2mm.. holy..
My brain does not comprehend.

Ageha models are just gyaru girls right? I suppose it's the ideal type, since gyaru eye makeup is centered aorund enlarging the eyes.

I found a blog post for a review of 16mm lenses.. I'll try to dig it up

I seriously did not do that much research before buying the 16mm contacts. now i'm really scared about how to put it in since it seems so large @~@;;;;;

Yup, they are gyaru gals.

Thank you so much!!! <3 That would help a lot!
Back to top Go down
Chihiro
Head Maid
Head Maid

PostSubject: Re: Makeup: Precisely colored contacts   Thu May 10, 2012 10:59 pm

I'm pretty sure the actual lens size is the same as all other circle lenses because I've heard that they look bigger because the color reaches farther on the lense, not because the lens itself is bigger. Then again, this is from the internet so idk, I ain't no professional :L

Okay I can't dig up the review anywhere but I know it's deff somewhere in my facebook. Oh well :L

But here's another
http://rabu-kuma.blogspot.com/2011/08/16mm-hanabi-green-ifairy-circle-lenses.html
She is totally struggling to keep her eyes way open to make the lenses look proportionate luls

But hopefully you will just look like kawaii animu desu without having to open your eyes really wide all the time.
Back to top Go down
Nyamo
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Makeup: Precisely colored contacts   Fri May 11, 2012 12:24 am

Pocky wrote:
I'm pretty sure the actual lens size is the same as all other circle lenses because I've heard that they look bigger because the color reaches farther on the lense, not because the lens itself is bigger. Then again, this is from the internet so idk, I ain't no professional :L

Okay I can't dig up the review anywhere but I know it's deff somewhere in my facebook. Oh well :L

But here's another
http://rabu-kuma.blogspot.com/2011/08/16mm-hanabi-green-ifairy-circle-lenses.html
She is totally struggling to keep her eyes way open to make the lenses look proportionate luls

But hopefully you will just look like kawaii animu desu without having to open your eyes really wide all the time.

Thank you so much for all your help Pocky chan!~ <3
If it really does come down to me REALLY wanting to wear them to the con, then I'll just get double eyelid glue and string and mega-animue-eye-widen dem eyes lol X)
Back to top Go down
Chihiro
Head Maid
Head Maid

PostSubject: Re: Makeup: Precisely colored contacts   Fri May 11, 2012 12:43 am

Np xD Don't forget to remove them if you feel any strain :c Cuz I don't know if the 16.2mms really are just "broader color range" or actually bigger. If it's the latter, your eyes will suffocate.
Also that reminds me I should change my display name to my maid name so people get used to it

Also ugh I lost my nudy blues and my expensive revlon lip gloss at the same time. They are probably lost together in the same place. grrr stupid prom, I just tossed things in my room and now idk where things are
crycry
I ordered another pair of nudy purples, hopefully they arrive in time v.v
Back to top Go down
Nyamo
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Makeup: Precisely colored contacts   Fri May 11, 2012 1:03 am

Chihiro wrote:
Np xD Don't forget to remove them if you feel any strain :c Cuz I don't know if the 16.2mms really are just "broader color range" or actually bigger. If it's the latter, your eyes will suffocate.
Also that reminds me I should change my display name to my maid name so people get used to it

Also ugh I lost my nudy blues and my expensive revlon lip gloss at the same time. They are probably lost together in the same place. grrr stupid prom, I just tossed things in my room and now idk where things are
crycry
I ordered another pair of nudy purples, hopefully they arrive in time v.v

Oh yeah definitely XnX

Hehe, Chihiro as a reference to Spirited Away? ^.^ I'm sorry if it isn't >^<"""

Awww that really sucks!~ At least you know it's somewhere in your room haha ^u^

Pretty!!! :OOO Yeah, I hope they do too. Now I'm kind of regretting ordering normal over-rated "blue"...would have gotten the jewel green instead. Oh well. Maybe next time Smile.
Back to top Go down
Chihiro
Head Maid
Head Maid

PostSubject: Re: Makeup: Precisely colored contacts   Fri May 11, 2012 9:57 pm

Lols dw, blue is a pretty color regardless :>
And yeah, from Spirited Away!
Uguu I am moving rooms to across the hall so hopefully I will find it argdfg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Makeup: Precisely colored contacts   

Back to top Go down