Fanimaids Only BBS

Where official maids of Fanimaid Cafe discuss and mingle.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Fitness support thread ^^

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rie
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Fitness support thread ^^   Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:49 pm

I wrote a whole post about my weight loss/fitness journey throughout my life, but I accidentally hit my keyboard, which in turn made my browser go back to the last page and everything I wrote was gone...

So long story short (somewhat)...
After struggling with losing weight and being more active, earlier this year I followed through with my goals to lose weight. I wanted to stop receiving hurtful comments about my weight. (One that particularly still sticks out is when one of my blind relatives said I was fat, just by touching my arms. Another is from my boyfriend... he never said I was fat or ugly or anything, always the opposite, but he's very honest. When I asked him if he thought I was overweight, he said yes. I can't take that comment as anything else but honest, so having comments from other people was good motivation for me.

Since the start of college, I had slowly changed my eating and lifestyle habits to be more healthy. Also, during fall semester, my roommate and I decided to do the Insanity challenge. I didn't lose a lot of weight, and the first few days were extremely hard, but it was really good strength training. I found out that I could do 40-50 pushups in 30 seconds, which was amazing for me! However, I saw the most progress the beginning of January, as I started to eat differently and I exercised. I don't know exactly how to explain my state of mind during this time. I was super motivated and determined as it was a new year and new semester. I knew that I had nothing to lose by exercising. I started out with a few days of Hip Hop Abs, and then I switched to Turbo Jam.
I love Turbo Jam, which is a mix of aerobics and kickboxing. My secret weapon is the Fat Blaster video, which is 30 minutes long and is cardio interval training which is really good for burning calories. Hip Hop Abs was okay, but it didn't really make me sweat, while Turbo Jam made me work and sweat but I didn't feel too tired after it. I also would mix it up sometimes with the 20 Minute workout video, Ab Jam, and Cardio Party!

I also made switches in my diet, especially for the first 2 weeks. I was in San Jose, so I didn't eat that much Filipino food there as I cook for myself. I would eat A LOT of fiber, which is very helpful in keeping you full. Also, I switched everything to whole-grains and avoided enriched bleached flour. So I would eat cereal with a lot of fiber and skim milk, the cereal was pretty good too. I would also eat sandwiches made of 100 calorie whole-wheat hamburger buns, grilled chicken breast or 2 turkey slices, sometimes lettuce, and mustard. It may seem like I was depriving myself, but not once did I feel that way and I thought my meals were especially delicious because I would only eat when I was hungry. I would eat after I exercised, as I am know I would be more likely to make healthier food choices that way. Also for snacks, I would eat high-fiber granola bars to keep me full. I also drank a lot of water... I aim for 2 water bottles a day! After 2 weeks of regulating my diet, I ate other stuff like rice and bbq or whatever was given to me (because regardless, I'm a poor college student and will take what free food I can get), but I kept exercising 5 days a week which was most important.
I lost 20 pounds and 3-4 inches off my waist in 2 months, and I have maintained it for the past 7 months. Smile

I may still be self-conscious, others might not have noticed I've lost so much weight, and I still have things I don't like about my body, but I also now know that I can achieve what I set out to do, which is one of the greatest feelings in the world!
If you ever feel like you can't do it or you don't want to do it, just remember that you can do anything if you put effort into it. There's no harm in trying! I'm definitely supporting all of you in your fitness journey too!

(I have more tips I will post in the future and links to download workout videos if anyone wants them? This post has become too long... XD)
Back to top Go down
Keiko
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Fitness support thread ^^   Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:09 am

^^^^ RIE! WOW! What a success story wow wow wow!!! *w*
Back to top Go down
http://nom-nom-keiko.tumblr.com
Bri-Boobs
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Fitness support thread ^^   Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:21 pm

Rie, I'd love to see those workout videos. And your success story is really great. I'm glad you're able to achieve that!
Back to top Go down
CrackPr0n
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Fitness support thread ^^   Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:10 pm

Insanity is extremely hard. The entire basis of the workout is will power, you do as much as you can take short breaks when you cant push harder, and continue as soon as you are able. There is no set numbers and everything works off your drive. Ben quit after 3 days and he said bootcamp wasn't very hard at all.

I died after day 1 and was sore for about 5 days.

It works as well as how dedicates and how willing you are. The more you push yourself the results show that much more.
Back to top Go down
Rie
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Fitness support thread ^^   Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:23 pm

Here are the links for Turbo Jam that have been going around!
Fat Blaster
Cardio Party
20 Minute Workout
Ab Jam
I use VLC player to watch these. Smile

Hmm, I think I did Insanity for a bit over a month. I like how they have those... diagnosis tests(?) where you see where your body is at/what you can handle. I was crazy sore for the first week and couldn't finish a whole workout session for about 2 weeks, but I know I saw results as I noticed I didn't run out of breath as fast as before. I admire those who went on for the 2nd month of Insanity with the harder workouts...

Other tips I can think of:
- Avoid juice/soda/smoothies. Our body won't really register the liquid calories. If you're like me who loves juice, fill half or 1/4 of the cup with juice and the rest with water.
- When eating, try eating with other people (who don't pig out every meal). I'm more aware of how much I'm eating when I'm around others, and I talk more than eating too or tend to eat slower. (This is the best tip I can think of...)
- Switch to skim milk! My family complains to me that skim milk doesn't taste like anything though, so we've compromised and when I'm at home we get 1% compared to 2%.
- If eating out, share with a friend or eat only half and take the rest home (or eat slowly until you're full)... unless it's super delicious and you want to eat a lot (if it's worth it). There are just some restaurants where you want to eat everything you order! Very Happy I think it's fine to eat the whole meal as long as I exercise later that day (if I haven't already)!
- Don't eat that much rice? Hmm this isn't a good tip as I actually don't like rice that much, but my roomie and boyfriend says rice is a way of life for them, so I think sticking to just a scoop of rice is good if given.
- Also, if you don't need it or really want it, try to not put cheese or mayo on sandwiches...
- Drink a lot of water when exercising!
- Aim to exercise the first thing in the day if you can. The whole day goes better as you don't have to schedule in exercise at the end of day and don't have a chance of not doing it if other things come up. Plus, exercise can make a person in a better mood for the whole day!
- Take stairs whenever you can! (Hahaha or you could be like me who failed and just goes down stairs and up with the elevator.)
- Always read nutrition labels...
- Instead of sugar, use maple syrup! It is a low GI food compared to sugar, so it doesn't cause big spikes in our blood sugar levels.
- When baking, replace oil with applesauce!

I will try the workout you guys posted based on pushups and such! I have a lot of strength training I need to do Smile

P.S. My biggest weakness is ice cream, but I haven't found a solution to that yet. XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fitness support thread ^^   

Back to top Go down

Fitness support thread ^^
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2