Fanimaids Only BBS

Where official maids of Fanimaid Cafe discuss and mingle.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Fitness support thread ^^

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Keiko
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Fitness support thread ^^   Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:01 pm

Hey everyone,

It's come to my attention that many of us are trying to get more in shape. We all have our reasons: health, confidence, cosplay (that's my reason, kekeke), etc. I've been looking at the cosplay.com forums for some support ... It's a little embarassing to post on that forum, but I figured why not go to my maids and share the love with awesome girls I already know?

So this post can be Fanimaids resource for anything fitness related.
What're you doing to keep in shape?
Before/after pictures?
Advice/tips/questions?
Words of encouragement?
Workout playlist suggestions?
Back to top Go down
http://nom-nom-keiko.tumblr.com
Keiko
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Fitness support thread ^^   Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:07 pm

Wah! I forgot to actually say anything of importance -w-;;

My goal is to get in fit so I can confidently do more cosplay! I just wanna lose belly flab, and get back to my high school weight/ sizes.
I'm walking everyday, and running at least twice a week; going on 3 weeks now, let's hope I can keep this going ^^

Oh! And I thought this was useful. I saw it on a tumblr I follow: cosplaylovely

Eating chips because I'm hormonal and shiz -w-;; last bag I swear though; once I finish it I'm not buying anymore!
Back to top Go down
TiffanyF
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Fitness support thread ^^   Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:15 pm

One thing I found really helpful for my waist is Corerhythms. Although it sounds cheesy because of the weird happy looking women and advertisements, its actually a fun way to get a few cms off the waist. I actually lost 10 cms around the waist doing it for 2-3 months. They use latin dancing and techniques so its also one way to learn that style of dance Razz

Other than that, make sure when you restrict yourself from eating bad foods, don't stress too much about it, once in a while is ok, especially special events or parties. Stress makes you fatter ><
Back to top Go down
http://com.nicovideo.jp/community/co370509
Keiko
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Fitness support thread ^^   Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:16 pm

TiffanyF wrote:
One thing I found really helpful for my waist is Corerhythms. Although it sounds cheesy because of the weird happy looking women and advertisements, its actually a fun way to get a few cms off the waist. I actually lost 10 cms around the waist doing it for 2-3 months. They use latin dancing and techniques so its also one way to learn that style of dance Razz

Other than that, make sure when you restrict yourself from eating bad foods, don't stress too much about it, once in a while is ok, especially special events or parties. Stress makes you fatter ><

Corerhythms? Is that like a video or something o.o;
Back to top Go down
TiffanyF
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Fitness support thread ^^   Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:42 pm

Its a video, and a workout program Smile
Back to top Go down
Bri-Boobs
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Fitness support thread ^^   Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:12 pm

Another thing you can do, on the subject of foods, is to replace soda with water. I don't know how often drinking soda is in your guys' diet, but it can definitely help. Also juices with lots of sugar in it. If you wanted, you could get that crystal sweetener stuffs and toss that in your water; I'm a fan of the peach tea flavors.

If you guys wanna do exercises, it was mentioned by Mikey in IRC before, 3 sets of pushups and sit ups each day of like 10-20 reps will help too.

Personally I like to hula hoop for about 40 min to an hour, and I walk to work every day I have to go too. However it's not really helping too much, so I'm going to be doing some swimming at a pool or start running some more.

Edit: WHILE YOU READ THIS IGNORE MY AVATAR PHOTO
Back to top Go down
Mizuki
Janitor
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Fitness support thread ^^   Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:42 pm

Bri worst influence ever *eats a shit ton of candy*

Anyways, here's my recommendation to lose some unwanted pounds, tone up, and just feel healthier.

Dump soda. Get that shit outta here. I can not personally drink soda anymore (unless its with booze) Oh yeah, and cut the booze. Booze stops your metabolism so your body will just throw that food you just ate somewhere else, and will slowly burn off (and I mean slowwww.) If you eat meat, eat a bit less of it. Eat more vegetables and fruit. Get some yogurt, I love Fage myself with a bit of honey. Eat smaller portions and spread them out, and snacking is encouraged! Stuff like nuts and granola is awesome for snacking on, and it helps me pass poop.

So to working out, I will put some basic guidelines for basic stuff to stay healthy, and burn a bit of fat.

This is the order I follow for workout:

Stretching->warmup->exercise->cooldown stretching

Your best friend is an exercise called burpees. They're pushups from Hell. They don't fuck around.

You start standing, you get down to a pushup, right after that you jump up and do a jumping jack.

If you wanted to tone up, get cardio, and sweat like a mother fucker do 100 of these in a day. Not all at once, but by the end of the day accomplish 100 of them, in pairs of 10 if you break them up. If you plan to do this, do it every other day. spend the other day not doing them stretching and relaxing, you'll be in pain trust me.

If you want to supplement this, try running/power walk combo. Set a goal for running/powerwalking, such as 5 miles. Start with a nice walk to warm up, then escalate to a power walk, and go back and forth from jogging to power walking. If you can't jog after the first time in your 5 mile set, it's okay. It's tough. Just walk the rest, but you want to accomplish your goal. Also if you do decide to actually jog 5 miles, make sure you cool down by walking for at least 5 minutes, so your muscles don't spasm and you're in cramp hell.

Make smaller goals first, then drastically build up.

Let's use my beginning regime I did for an example.

First week I did this
Monday: 3 sets of 10 pushup, and 3 sets of 30 situps.
Tuesday: Walked 5 miles
Wednesday: 100 burpees
Thursday: Walked 5 miles
Friday: Weight set

Saturday and sunday can be your leisure days, just make sure you do something like walking, or dancing if you do that.

After a week or 2, I just up the count so I do more.

When you work out, drink a lot of water to keep hydrated, and it helps your muscles recover.

If you cramp, stretch the opposite way of the cramp, for example if it is your calf you want to stretch your foot towards your shins.

Back to top Go down
Bri-Boobs
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Fitness support thread ^^   Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:07 pm

Also I just read this from my lecture in math class about the Metric System:

"The 2,000-Calorie diet prescribes the standard amount of energy you should consume every day -- regardless of nutritional value. If you don't expend as much energy as you consume, your body will store the excess as fat. Oils in general make great batteries because they store lots of energy per gram -- much more than TNT. If you expend more energy than you consume, your body will burn fat. One of the exercises in this section of the textbook states that the average person needs 15 Calories per pound of body weight each day to maintain his or her weight at a low level of activity. You might wonder where that 2,000 Calories of energy goes if it doesn't add any weight. The energy goes to cellular processes and ultimately radiates from your body in the form of heat."

Some food for thought. HAAAAAAH
Back to top Go down
Niu Niu
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Fitness support thread ^^   Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:24 pm

Zumba is super good for the waist.

National Dance day is July 30. SO go out and DANCE!!
Back to top Go down
TiffanyF
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Fitness support thread ^^   Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:55 pm

Lol its also the day of the Lingerie party. So... lets dance at the Lingerie Party!! XD

Going to be starting my exercise thing today. Mizuki is good at advice so go on the IRC if you guys have questions XD
Back to top Go down
Enju
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Fitness support thread ^^   Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:29 pm

Go go exercise programs! I wish everyone luck. Smile

I've been bumming a bit about my weight too. : / Everyone wants to keep the weight they had in high school. xD For me it's also my core muscles. It's super discouraging rock-climbing with friends and not being able to do a problem because you just can't stretch/hold right.

Plus, I've always been happier when I'm outside being active.

Thanks for the advice! I'll be sure to get on IRC and maybe ask for more advice and get more motivated from you guys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/pkamlley
Kazuko
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Fitness support thread ^^   Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:03 pm

Haha Yeah I am following Mizukis advice for working out, I just did 30 burpees...and yeah they really dont fuck around

Also I do boxing or well shadowbox since I dont have a punching bag. The easiest thing to do is when you hit try to shift your weight when you punch! It helps to not strain you arm

I also do core stuff when I used to box like suicides+ pushup/sit up combo and believe me...they dont fuck around either

Oh and if you have comcast on demand they have some nifty cardio stuff and even dances to help you stay in shape! I did an african dance one a while ago and it was fun plus worth the work out hahaa

As for foods I used to follow my coach's boxing diet which cuts out all dairy, meat, sodas, booze, all the fun stuff and all you could eat was brown rice, fish, veggies, lentils, fruits, soups, ect. I did it since it was easier to digest and it doesnt weight you down or make you queasy while in the ring.

I want to tone up and look fit for some neat cosplays that I have planned as well as just to be a happier me. So I recommend setting daily goals or write down a list of work outs for today. Tape it down somewhere where you can see it and just remind yourself why you are doing this.
Back to top Go down
CreamPuffs
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Fitness support thread ^^   Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:37 pm

Wow, that's interesting ;A;..Uhm I try to eat a lot of food that has a lot of fiber and is healthy. Especially Fruits, grain cereal, and etc. My exercise routine seems alittle bit too much, but it's not.

100 sit ups
100 sit ups where your elbow have to touch one of your knee (I don't know the name)
100 bicycle
20 of those uhmm you know when you lay on the floor and you just lift both your legs up slowly and back down
20 push ups, then
20 of my butt exercise tongue

Then I repeat these same steps 2 more times

Some times if i feel like it or have time i run on my school track for one mile but i can't never stop or walk, at least until i'm finished with my 4 lapse. this is only to help keep me motivated to keep going.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/YukiPou?ref=profile
Mizuki
Janitor
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Fitness support thread ^^   Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:40 pm

It's sounding like you're the only fit one here with a bunch of lazy peope Elaine, lol
Back to top Go down
Ling
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Fitness support thread ^^   Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:02 am

Everyone has such interesting ideas; can’t wait to try them out. Especially the burpees thing.

A really good thing to do is to eat out less, and eat more fresh home cooked food. Some places really pile on the salt/sugar, so you have to be careful of that. Reduce the amount of white rice you eat every day. It’s one of the most inefficient grains out there, and burns off quickly, leaving you hungry very soon. Brown or black rice is a much better alternative. Also, don’t eat until you’re full. Get to about 80%, and then stop. For breakfast, I usually scramble an egg, or eat a banana with a cup of tea. Both are filling foods, so I don’t feel the need to get a donut/sugary cereal.

For working out, I’ve tried a bunch of stuff, so I guess I’ll list the stuff I found most effective haha.

Cardio boxing- Great workout. Awesome for upper body strength. Plus it’s super fun >w<

Pilates – Core workout, right here. I also learned how to fix my posture in this class, and how to keep from hurting myself when moving heavy objects/daily chores etc etc.

Yoga – Helps with balance and flexibility. Bit of a slower, more relaxed workout (depending on what type it is). A little bit tough on if you’ve got weak wrists. I always feel really good after a class, though.

Heat/Bikram yoga – Basically yoga in a room that’s heated to 105 degrees. If sweating is what you want to do, this is a good choice. Much more intense than normal yoga, and in that room, your muscles will do things you’d never thought possible. Don’t try this if you’ve got a weak constitution though, the heat causes some people to feel dizzy/nauseous if they aren’t already healthy or somewhat fit.

Swimming – Full body work out! Also easy on the joints and stuff since much of your weight is supported by the water.

DDR – That’s cardio, right there xDD

Running – Self explanatory. Least effective for me though, since I lack motivation to run more than a lap. But setting small goals really do work. In my case, whenever I go running, I strike a deal with myself. Like : For every lap I run, I can watch one more episode of that new hit Korean drama. Lolol…

For music, I listen to anything that has a good beat. It’s easy to match your movements up with the music and keep on going that way. Techno, top 40, and Kpop all usually qualify. Leave your sad songs and ballads at home, girls.
Back to top Go down
http://tsven.tumblr.com
TiffanyF
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Fitness support thread ^^   Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:17 am

@Mizuki: Why you have to be mean like that D: But yea, I am lazy especially compared to Elaine XD

I can tell the burpees are working because I have muscle aches XD I can feel them in my abdomen, arms and legs. So I'm guessing it works the whole body Smile
Back to top Go down
Mai
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Fitness support thread ^^   Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:16 am

If any of you have Netflix you might want to check out a movie called Fat Head (its about food/health) and has some very interesting points.

Just sayin.
Back to top Go down
Bri-Boobs
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Fitness support thread ^^   Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:29 pm

Ling wrote:

For music, I listen to anything that has a good beat. It’s easy to match your movements up with the music and keep on going that way. Techno, top 40, and Kpop all usually qualify. Leave your sad songs and ballads at home, girls.

This! I listen to Daft Punk almost every time I work out. >_< If you have the reconfigured Tron soundtrack that shit is awesomeeeeee

Also, I remember back when I did Jiu Jitsu whenever we'd get really into practicing techniques, the teacher would always blast the Mortal Kombat theme, lollollol
Back to top Go down
Niu Niu
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Fitness support thread ^^   Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:37 pm

OO... and drink lots of water; it helps the metabolism. Preferably hot water/ hot tea with your meals. Cold drinks: ice water and sodas will slow down your metabolism.
Back to top Go down
Keiko
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Fitness support thread ^^   Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:14 pm

bikram! i freaking love bikram, pilates, and ashtanga yoga; i'm too poor to go to a hot yoga class though, but i'm keeping up with a set i got from a previous class.

anyhoo, i'm currently looking for songs to add to my playlists when i run. i usually like listening to kpop remixes [there's a really good super remix of shinee's lucifer that's my power song up inclines keke] but as of late i'm getting moar into ... i dunno ... epic songs? like such as:

dreamenddischarge from the umineko ost: http://youtu.be/KIw00PdTVZM
mirage coordinator, also from the umineko ost: http://youtu.be/p85zQLOMlUY
this nice miku append version of bad apple!: http://youtu.be/1X4f2PJ4h4Y
this luka version of flightless bird: http://youtu.be/IMzdOHb9ot4

and tons from the maplestory ost, haha.

but i'm finding that i get bored if my eyes aren't doing anything while i'm on the treadmill or elliptical, so i set my nook to big font and read or i put on a tv. my wednesday night thing is to run/ bike while i watch 'so you think you can dance' haha. also, i brought my wii downstairs so i can play monster hunter while i ride the bike! wahahaha good shit. i'm gonna go for a run now XD
Back to top Go down
Kazuko
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Fitness support thread ^^   Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:02 pm

Oh god Keiko that song dreamenddischarge is super nostalgic! Mostly because of when I was in AIESEC we made a video as the opening for a conference I facied for and this song was used x)
Back to top Go down
Bri-Boobs
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Fitness support thread ^^   Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:03 pm

http://www.liamrosen.com/fitness.html

basically everything we talked about and then some
Back to top Go down
Mizuki
Janitor
Janitor

PostSubject: Re: Fitness support thread ^^   Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:05 am

TiffanyF wrote:
@Mizuki: Why you have to be mean like that D: But yea, I am lazy especially compared to Elaine XD

I can tell the burpees are working because I have muscle aches XD I can feel them in my abdomen, arms and legs. So I'm guessing it works the whole body Smile

because im lazy as shit too
Back to top Go down
Keiko
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Fitness support thread ^^   Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:01 pm

My bestfriend is practicing to be a spin instructor at a local gym, so she practiced on me yesterday. My legs are sore and my butt hurts; it was kind of an intense work out! But I kinda wanna try it again, even though I'm kinda scared, hahaha.

Everyone! Keep working hard! ^^
Back to top Go down
CreamPuffs
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Fitness support thread ^^   Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:36 pm

Hahaha, I'm lazy too trust me. When I feel like doing some thing it last for along time, but when I get an advantage of slipping away, then I quite for along long time. =u=; Probably one of my flaws. Everyone's doing great though. Sounds like many people have been taking their time to study about health and keeping their bodies in tone <3
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/YukiPou?ref=profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fitness support thread ^^   

Back to top Go down

Fitness support thread ^^
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next