Fanimaids Only BBS

Where official maids of Fanimaid Cafe discuss and mingle.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Practices at SJ~

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Len_chan
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Practices at SJ~   Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:39 am

Alright guys, so we know that there are practices going on up in SF for some of the songs. And I know a few girls cant make it up there. So I'm trying to organize a SJ practice at SJSU. Cause I know for sure one practice a week isnt going to cut it for me X3. I'm planning on making it thursday. So leave any questions and yadda yadda.
Back to top Go down
Ayumi
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Practices at SJ~   Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:18 pm

Len_chan wrote:
Alright guys, so we know that there are practices going on up in SF for some of the songs. And I know a few girls cant make it up there. So I'm trying to organize a SJ practice at SJSU. Cause I know for sure one practice a week isnt going to cut it for me X3. I'm planning on making it thursday. So leave any questions and yadda yadda.

Aaww, Thursdays are not too good for me.. I actually have practices for a dance group I'm already in on Thursday (I guess Thursdays are.. dance days ha). Any other day of the week is good except for Thursday.. Neutral
Back to top Go down
lttlrshark
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Practices at SJ~   Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:32 pm

oh SF is much easier than SJ!
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/meilyneT
Len_chan
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Practices at SJ~   Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:33 pm

Ayumi wrote:
Len_chan wrote:

Aaww, Thursdays are not too good for me.. I actually have practices for a dance group I'm already in on Thursday (I guess Thursdays are.. dance days ha). Any other day of the week is good except for Thursday.. Neutral
So what is the best day for you?
Back to top Go down
Len_chan
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Practices at SJ~   Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:34 pm

Lolita23q wrote:
what ever it's best for you.
Back to top Go down
Ayumi
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Practices at SJ~   Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:15 pm

lttlrshark wrote:

There is a group that is meeting at SFSU, so if SF is easier for you, you might want to arrange to meet with them-- I think this thread is specifically for those of us who live closer to SJ.

@Len: Hmm, depends on what time you would like to meet up. Typically, weekdays are a little tough for me. Other than Thursday, what is your second best day(s) for meeting up?
Back to top Go down
Len_chan
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Practices at SJ~   Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:22 pm

Ayumi wrote:
lttlrshark wrote:

There is a group that is meeting at SFSU, so if SF is easier for you, you might want to arrange to meet with them-- I think this thread is specifically for those of us who live closer to SJ.

@Len: Hmm, depends on what time you would like to meet up. Typically, weekdays are a little tough for me. Other than Thursday, what is your second best day(s) for meeting up?
hmm...thursdays and fridays are my days off, every other day i'm either off at 5 or 7pm.
Back to top Go down
Ayumi
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Practices at SJ~   Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:22 am

Len_chan wrote:
Ayumi wrote:
lttlrshark wrote:

hmm...thursdays and fridays are my days off, every other day i'm either off at 5 or 7pm.

argh even weekends? i guess that means Friday is the only viable option (I am also off late every other day.. on Mondays I get off at 10:30 PM! Tuesdays 5, Wednesdays 7:30)

but hmm.. do you think we should wait until we get the green light from Amichan? just so we are sure the performance is confirmed, but also because it might need to be cut down for length and we might not need to learn the whole thing.. or something Neutral
Back to top Go down
Ami*chan
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Practices at SJ~   Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:49 am

@Ayumi GREEN LIGHT!! It's actually good that you girls are taking the initiative to learn this together on your own. Len has been to practice with me, so she knows some dance moves already, and plus it takes a load off me if you know the dace already too. And don't forget to continually check our thread for updates on practices and other information and such Smile
Back to top Go down
Len_chan
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Practices at SJ~   Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:24 am

Ayumi wrote:
Len_chan wrote:
Ayumi wrote:
lttlrshark wrote:

argh even weekends? i guess that means Friday is the only viable option (I am also off late every other day.. on Mondays I get off at 10:30 PM! Tuesdays 5, Wednesdays 7:30)

but hmm.. do you think we should wait until we get the green light from Amichan? just so we are sure the performance is confirmed, but also because it might need to be cut down for length and we might not need to learn the whole thing.. or something Neutral
Yeah I have talked to her and told her about what I was planning when I practiced with her on friday. And if its Friday itll have to be in the morning since the SF practice starts at 5pm. HMMM... Weekends I get off at 5 on saturday and 6 on Sunday. Does that help a little?
Back to top Go down
Kotone
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Practices at SJ~   Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:15 am

Keep in mind we'd probably be practicing outside on top of the event center or something unless someone knows of a room we can practice in... Or actually it just occured to me we might be able to use the gym... I'll look into that one.

Also campus would be emptier on Fridays + the weekend because we're a commuter school and all.

Would you all be willing to practice outside or would you prefer indoors somewhere? It might be cold depending on what time we do things.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/snippershoo
Rie
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Practices at SJ~   Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:25 am

I can also let you girls into one of the RAC rooms in CVB, if they're open and not in use at the times you all meet up to practice! (I know for sure they're open on Friday mornings-evenings...) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Len_chan
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Practices at SJ~   Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:51 am

Rie wrote:
I can also let you girls into one of the RAC rooms in CVB, if they're open and not in use at the times you all meet up to practice! (I know for sure they're open on Friday mornings-evenings...) Very Happy
you'll be my best friend <3
Back to top Go down
PsychoKandi
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Practices at SJ~   Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:37 pm

would this practice apply for Michi's BoA performance too?
Back to top Go down
Len_chan
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Practices at SJ~   Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:11 pm

PsychoKandi wrote:
would this practice apply for Michi's BoA performance too?
yes. She'll keep me updated on what is going on with that performance and the dance
Back to top Go down
Ayumi
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Practices at SJ~   Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:01 pm

Kotone wrote:
Keep in mind we'd probably be practicing outside on top of the event center or something unless someone knows of a room we can practice in... Or actually it just occured to me we might be able to use the gym... I'll look into that one.

Also campus would be emptier on Fridays + the weekend because we're a commuter school and all.

Would you all be willing to practice outside or would you prefer indoors somewhere? It might be cold depending on what time we do things.

The way we did it in my other dance groups, we practiced wherever there was space, so outside or inside wasn't a big issue. What might help, though, is having some kind of reflective surface (i.e. a window) that we'd be able to see ourselves in, which isn't always possible indoors, unless it's in a dance studio.

Also, if we end up having to practice outside, it would have to be early enough that sunset would not be an issue.

One other thing.. Amichan mentioned that there would be a couple of mandatory SF practices, and that anyone who would not be able to make them (or at least one.. not sure) would probably end up on the outer edges of the performance block because it would be hard to work anyone in if they weren't present at the meetings. (For anyone who does not mind being on the outer edge of the performance group, I guess this doesn't apply.)

Although, if there is a group of us practicing in SJ anyway, we might be able to carpool at least one of those days.

But this is all just me thinking out loud.. silent
Back to top Go down
Ayumi
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Practices at SJ~   Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:11 pm

Ami*chan wrote:
@Ayumi GREEN LIGHT!! It's actually good that you girls are taking the initiative to learn this together on your own. Len has been to practice with me, so she knows some dance moves already, and plus it takes a load off me if you know the dace already too. And don't forget to continually check our thread for updates on practices and other information and such Smile

Yay, Ami! cheers So just wondering, will the performance be the whole song, or did it have to be cut down?
Back to top Go down
Kotone
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Practices at SJ~   Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:49 am

Rie wrote:

Yay thank you Aleli! <3

Ayumi wrote:
The way we did it in my other dance groups, we practiced wherever there was space, so outside or inside wasn't a big issue. What might help, though, is having some kind of reflective surface (i.e. a window) that we'd be able to see ourselves in, which isn't always possible indoors, unless it's in a dance studio.

Also, if we end up having to practice outside, it would have to be early enough that sunset would not be an issue.

One other thing.. Amichan mentioned that there would be a couple of mandatory SF practices, and that anyone who would not be able to make them (or at least one.. not sure) would probably end up on the outer edges of the performance block because it would be hard to work anyone in if they weren't present at the meetings. (For anyone who does not mind being on the outer edge of the performance group, I guess this doesn't apply.)

Although, if there is a group of us practicing in SJ anyway, we might be able to carpool at least one of those days.

But this is all just me thinking out loud..

Hopefully there'll be a mirror or something in CVB if Aleli can get us in there. ^^; Top of the event center doesn't have much, and while the gym/event center has rooms downstairs with mirrors, you have to be either a sjsu student or pay to get in for the day. ._.

And yeah, I think it'll just be for learning the dance moves.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/snippershoo
Len_chan
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Practices at SJ~   Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:18 am

Okay!! So far!! It seems like these practices might be just for megu megu :/ I'll wait to hear from the other girls about what to do with the performances.
Back to top Go down
Rie
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Practices at SJ~   Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:48 pm

Just let me know when you girls are meeting, and I'll try to be in SJ at that time!
The RAC rooms have windows, and one the rooms has a sound system thing where you can connect your ipod/computer and such too...
But if you do decide to practice at SJSU, I would also recommend trying to do it on a day where the weather is good so practicing outside is cool. (Even outside Duncan Hall in the evening is good too because there's not a lot of people and there are lights...)
Back to top Go down
Yukie
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Practices at SJ~   Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:22 pm

Hi, guys
I just made another thread about dance practice this coming sunday at SJCC maid cafe area (since i couldn't goto SFU)
http://fanimaid.forumotions.net/t217-megu-megu-practice-at-sj-this-coming-sunday-5-1-sjcc-maid-cafe-area

Please come if you are interested!
other dance practice are welcome too!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.yukiedong.com
Ayumi
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Practices at SJ~   Mon May 09, 2011 11:22 pm

So Ami has just announced two practice meetings, one this Friday and one on Saturday, and I was wondering if any girls down here in the San Jose area would like to arrange some kind of carpool for one of these days?
Back to top Go down
Len_chan
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Practices at SJ~   Tue May 10, 2011 1:16 am

Ayumi wrote:
So Ami has just announced two practice meetings, one this Friday and one on Saturday, and I was wondering if any girls down here in the San Jose area would like to arrange some kind of carpool for one of these days?
I'm free all day Friday before the practice. I can help carpool.
Back to top Go down
Ayumi
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Practices at SJ~   Tue May 10, 2011 1:30 am

Len_chan wrote:
Ayumi wrote:
I'm free all day Friday before the practice. I can help carpool.

Did you go to the SJ meeting? I don't wanna make you go if you weren't planning on going haha.. (plus I still need to get the okay for this from my mums = =)
Back to top Go down
CreamPuffs
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Practices at SJ~   Tue May 10, 2011 8:56 pm

Ayumi wrote:

What time is it going to start on friday and sat?
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/YukiPou?ref=profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Practices at SJ~   

Back to top Go down

Practices at SJ~
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next