Fanimaids Only BBS

Where official maids of Fanimaid Cafe discuss and mingle.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Uniform Hosiery

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PsychoKandi
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Uniform Hosiery   Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:34 pm

I always welcome a chance to buy stockings and knee highs and tights and the such...
But what is considered appropriate?

I love Cuban heels, stripes, lace, and patterned fishnets, and I understand that as maids, we're supposed to portray ourselves more softly than what I normally dress as, but what would that mean, exactly?

For example, I was considering these: http://www.sockdreams.com/products/socks/thigh-highs/sheer-pinstriped-thigh-highs-with-bows

While these are cutesy with a bow detail, I feel they would probably be too sexy, and might take away from the moe appeal, am I over-analyzing? xD

I was thinking these would be more appropriate: http://www.sockdreams.com/products/socks/knee-highs/textured-stripe-knee-high

There is a certain statement that hosiery can make, and I would rather not make the wrong one D:
And while we can visit lolita elements, I won't want to exaggerate, or take away from the elegance of the maid uniform.

TLDR: What can/should we wear on our legs? ^.^;

Back to top Go down
Bri-Boobs
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Uniform Hosiery   Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:57 pm

I would definitely say to go with the second set. It would probably match the outfit better (depending on what your uniform is) if you're deciding between the two.
Back to top Go down
PsychoKandi
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Uniform Hosiery   Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:04 pm

Izumi wrote:
I would definitely say to go with the second set. It would probably match the outfit better (depending on what your uniform is) if you're deciding between the two.
Bri, I'm sure you know how hard this is for me xD

You've already seen this, but that's my planned outfit.

I'm also just debating sewing black buttons onto a pair of white thigh highs or knee socks.
Back to top Go down
Ami*chan
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Uniform Hosiery   Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:16 pm

The main appeal with knee-high, over-the-knee, thigh-high socks is the concept of zettai-ryouiki which is unique to Akiba-kei fashion/culture. It is the ratio of skin shown between the top of the sock to the edge of the skirt. There are different "grades" of zettai-ryouiki. It's like the sex appeal without being sexy. Ideally for me, it's over the knee socks (grade A ratio, but just above the knee for modesty), but then again, it's just in my opinion.

For maids, I think sheer tights is ok, but I personally think it would look nice as full hoisery and a dark color (but doesnt have to be opaque). And I really like your second choice of socks, even though they're kind of sheer, they're a bit opaque too so it "covers" more skin. I suppose you have to think about the amount of skin you show through both the exposed skin and skin shown through the sheerness of fabric. But it's also how much skin you are comfortable with showing. You have to remember this a family event.

However I'm not super-sure about the perferred policy with socks/hosiery. This is just from my experience an personal opinion.

----
Link to fun explanation about zettai-ryouiki grades: http://animedesho.animeblogger.net/?p=2585

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uniform Hosiery   

Back to top Go down

Uniform Hosiery
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1