Fanimaids Only BBS

Where official maids of Fanimaid Cafe discuss and mingle.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hair and Cosmetic Advice Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jun
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Hair and Cosmetic Advice Thread   Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:46 am

Oh! Just to clarify, I might've typed "included lashes and glue" misleadingly. You have to buy the lashes and glue separately, but I recommend the same brand. (pa)

It's seriously the best lash glue I've ever used. I would not use any other glue on the market, no joke. It applies like a nail polish applicator, instead of those crappy tubes that you have to spread out with a toothpick~
Back to top Go down
Reina
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Hair and Cosmetic Advice Thread   Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:02 am

Jun wrote:
Oh! Just to clarify, I might've typed "included lashes and glue" misleadingly. You have to buy the lashes and glue separately, but I recommend the same brand. (pa)

It's seriously the best lash glue I've ever used. I would not use any other glue on the market, no joke. It applies like a nail polish applicator, instead of those crappy tubes that you have to spread out with a toothpick~

Those tubes...are a nay. Im excited to try pa!
Back to top Go down
http://hinahearts.tumblr.com
yona
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Hair and Cosmetic Advice Thread   Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:46 pm

I know circle lenses would probably be alright, but would colored lenses also be acceptable?

I don't mean crazy lenses like red, yellow, cat eyes- just more natural colors like light blue, light brown, green, etc.

Also, would it be frowned upon to wear glasses while being a maid? My prescription is too weak for most prescription colored/circle lenses, so I can only wear plano. I can still function and work well without wearing glasses, but I just wanted to inquire. Thanks~~
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=555615338
CrackPr0n
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Hair and Cosmetic Advice Thread   Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:41 pm

yona wrote:
I know circle lenses would probably be alright, but would colored lenses also be acceptable?

I don't mean crazy lenses like red, yellow, cat eyes- just more natural colors like light blue, light brown, green, etc.

Also, would it be frowned upon to wear glasses while being a maid? My prescription is too weak for most prescription colored/circle lenses, so I can only wear plano. I can still function and work well without wearing glasses, but I just wanted to inquire. Thanks~~

Hope you're joking ;___; Glasses are super cute and make girls feel more inviting. If anything I would encourage a lot of the girls to wear glasses.
Back to top Go down
yona
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Hair and Cosmetic Advice Thread   Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:34 pm

ZashikiWarashi wrote:
yona wrote:

Hope you're joking ;___; Glasses are super cute and make girls feel more inviting. If anything I would encourage a lot of the girls to wear glasses.

Oh, that's great! Thanks for confirming. I didn't see any of the previous maids wearing glasses for reference, so I wasn't sure. I'm happy I can wear them. My vision without glasses = composite cables, whereas with glasses = HDMI ^o^!
Back to top Go down
suika
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Hair and Cosmetic Advice Thread   Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:01 am

How are you guys going to wear your hair!?

My hair is long...and there's a LOT of it, so I'm not sure if it will get in the way of stuff.
Back to top Go down
Len_chan
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Hair and Cosmetic Advice Thread   Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:02 am

suika wrote:
How are you guys going to wear your hair!?

My hair is long...and there's a LOT of it, so I'm not sure if it will get in the way of stuff.
I'm getting a wig : o
Back to top Go down
TiffanyF
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Hair and Cosmetic Advice Thread   Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:36 pm

I was thinking of pigtails or something because my hair is long too. A ponytail would be nice as well if I knew how to do a durable and decent looking one ^^; Something like a bun would also be good maybe? It'll keep you hair out of the way definitely. (except its hard to keep long hair in buns...) I think braids are also nice ^^

I haven't really decided myself yet ><
Back to top Go down
http://com.nicovideo.jp/community/co370509
Haruhi-sama
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Hair and Cosmetic Advice Thread   Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:31 pm

Ano...at the meeting you said that a little make-up is needed. Can anyone help me with that? ^^; I never worn make-up really. And is it okay to just leave my hair down?
Back to top Go down
Kazuko
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Hair and Cosmetic Advice Thread   Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:06 am

Haruhi-sama wrote:
Ano...at the meeting you said that a little make-up is needed. Can anyone help me with that? ^^; I never worn make-up really. And is it okay to just leave my hair down?

You can look at some tutorials online or youtube for help! I recommend Bubzbeauty for natural looking makeup and cute simple hairstyles: http://www.youtube.com/user/bubzbeauty?ob=4&feature=results_main (I look to her for some hair inspiration time to time)

for hair down it's usually fine as long as its appropriate for maid cafe (IE clean hair, brushed properly, ect)

But for makeup it really depends on what look you are trying to go for~ a lot of us can help you out and stuff
Back to top Go down
yona
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Hair and Cosmetic Advice Thread   Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:08 am

Haruhi-sama wrote:

If you're unfamiliar with make-up...a little can go a long way! It's easy to do as well:

-Concealer: conceal those dark circles! It will brighten up your face.
-Mascara + curler: Gives a fresher/ more awake look
- Lip gloss: You'll look more spiffy!
- Powder: even a little but brushed all over the face will help eliminate the shiny/oily look on the face.

I second Bubzbeauty- she has good make-up tutorials along with easy hair styles =).
Back to top Go down
TiffanyF
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Hair and Cosmetic Advice Thread   Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:58 pm

@Haruhi-sama:

If anything, you can also ask girls before your shifts to help you with makeup. Last year I was completely clueless about makeup but I asked some girls and they were more than willing to do it for me as well as my hair. Having your hair down is ok and it actually gives a pure look but it shouldn't look messy and it certainly shouldn't get in the way of serving!
Back to top Go down
http://com.nicovideo.jp/community/co370509
thuggdere
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Hair and Cosmetic Advice Thread   Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:24 pm

Aw, Haruhi-chan I'd be more than happy to help you out!
I'll private msg you my number and we'll meet up before your shift, kay?
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/ledono
Haruhi-sama
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Hair and Cosmetic Advice Thread   Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:42 am

Of course I'll make sure to have my hair nicely brushed ^^ Yes help with make-up would be nice...
<---no experience o.o;;;
Back to top Go down
aya
Meidosan
Meidosan

PostSubject: Re: Hair and Cosmetic Advice Thread   Sat May 12, 2012 11:50 pm

so uh, i've been inspired by snsd's twinkle and i was wondering if it's acceptable to do our eye make up like theirs? LOLOL
Back to top Go down
Ayumi
Maid Cafe Staff
Maid Cafe Staff

PostSubject: Re: Hair and Cosmetic Advice Thread   Thu May 31, 2012 4:29 pm

Hehe aya I know this is late but I'm sure that would have been fine~ Razz

This video was just posted on YouTube by Bubzbeauty, who I know at least Kazuko and I refer to with regards to makeup; it's promoted as a "Starter Makeup Kit for Beginners"; the "beginners" aspect goes until about 4:28, but the rest of it is useful as well (I swear by BB cream)! Anyway, I definitely recommend Bubzbeauty and her tutorial videos as an excellent resource, but there are a ton of vids like this on YouTube, so you should explore and find your own personal look that you are happy with~ I love you

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hair and Cosmetic Advice Thread   

Back to top Go down

Hair and Cosmetic Advice Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2